Lean cruise

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Lean cruise

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:yeah that was one thing I changed too, made it come on earlier after a stop.... I honestly didn't spend too much time on it other than some fine tuning of the settings due to different thermostat etc in my car ...
i had a problem of it dropping out due to aftermarket thermostats not running up to specified temp. running at 75-80c instead of the 91 advertised.

i fixed that issue by using genuine one ;)

It was actually the lean cruise that lead me to discover that i had a problem with all aftermarket stats.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Lean cruise

Post by Holden202T »

yeah got me by surprise, after putting the ecotec in the torana I would be cruising to work and it would just stutter, took a while to work it out, was middle of winter, my alloy radiator was so efficient it was going into the 70's (82 degree thermostat I think) and that would drop the lean cruise out and that was the stutter I felt, in the end I went to the stock thermostat to get the heater working better and gained fuel economy and the lean cruise then worked on stock settings!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Lean cruise

Post by vlad01 »

one one of my youtube videos you can see that actually happen. 17:1 and suddenly it goes back to 14.7. temp dropped to 75ºc on a trico 91 stat

Now I never see much from the low 90s using genuine GM one haha
0081(2)
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
Location: Sydney

Re: Lean cruise

Post by 0081(2) »

What table is the time out in??

My stock bin has a value of 2.31 2000rpm and 406 clyair (is the 406 really the cylair?? 406 looks kind of strange, thought the table would scale like the cylair tables 50, 100, 150, 200........), if i look in the open loop table at that point its showing a commanded afr of 14.76.
So what would make the commanded afr of 17.07
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Lean cruise

Post by vlad01 »

think its called lean cruise delay after cruise? or something.

its basically the time required to be in cruising condition before the lean cruise function comes on.
0081(2)
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:59 am
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6
Location: Sydney

Re: Lean cruise

Post by 0081(2) »

Cant see that one, maybe its not defined yet.