Which XDF?
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Which XDF?
I was doing some work on a VP V6 yesterday,the owner said that it was fitted with a performance chip so we removed it to read it & painted across the chip part # was "V6 performance",it's hasn't got a window in it.As I was unable to read what type of chip it was I changed the willem to several different settings & saved.Tried the $5D.xdf plu several others, but its not reading correctly.What do I use?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: Which XDF?
You should be able to read on eprom 27c128 settings and if you look at address 0x0008 it should tell you the mask id there.
-
Dec_head
- Posts: 505
- Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm
- cars: VR Calais
Re: Which XDF?
I have seen some using a 32k bin and $FB definition i think it was
-
Doctor Bob
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
- cars: VN, VT
- Location: Melbourne Vic.
Re: Which XDF?
post the bin file someone should be able to id it for you
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: Which XDF?
Here's a copy of the bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Which XDF?
$4E ?
none of my xdf's view it correctly.
none of my xdf's view it correctly.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Apples
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
- Location: Darwin, NT
Re: Which XDF?
Sorry to jump in but its under the same subject
Does anyone have a XDF for BZPT0725 $51 3.8L Man For Getrag manual trans.
Bin ID shows the following.
BZPT0725.BIN, detected type $51 revision F (VS Ecotec):
6000 --> 7FFF: 45FE
9000 --> FFAF: 9668
19800 --> 1FFAF: 141
I want to turn off vats to start with.
I was hoping the good Doctor may be able to help.
Apples.
Does anyone have a XDF for BZPT0725 $51 3.8L Man For Getrag manual trans.
Bin ID shows the following.
BZPT0725.BIN, detected type $51 revision F (VS Ecotec):
6000 --> 7FFF: 45FE
9000 --> FFAF: 9668
19800 --> 1FFAF: 141
I want to turn off vats to start with.
I was hoping the good Doctor may be able to help.
Apples.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Which XDF?
v6bucket: sorry, I cant id it either, I cant even find any tables in it in the 3d data viewer, it all looks gibberish.
Apples: ive done a BZPT0725, dont know where vats is, but I left a flag in there so you can add it when someone posts the location up.
all I usually change is spark map and rev limit, so thats all ive got mapped
oh and make sure you change progam id to AA, it doesnt seem to do the checksum correctly.
Apples: ive done a BZPT0725, dont know where vats is, but I left a flag in there so you can add it when someone posts the location up.
all I usually change is spark map and rev limit, so thats all ive got mapped
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Which XDF?
i've been playing with CKUL $51 in my torana and i have a few things defined ....
offset 3818 bit 3 should be VATs .... ticked is disabled.
also disabled the checksum to get it working ....
thanks to VL400's help i have also got some fan settings defined too but im having some issues with them .... fan will come on at desired temp but continues to run even after it goes below the off temp .... other than that its working ok
offset 3818 bit 3 should be VATs .... ticked is disabled.
also disabled the checksum to get it working ....
thanks to VL400's help i have also got some fan settings defined too but im having some issues with them .... fan will come on at desired temp but continues to run even after it goes below the off temp .... other than that its working ok
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Apples
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
- Location: Darwin, NT