Which XDF?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Which XDF?

Post by v6bucket »

I was doing some work on a VP V6 yesterday,the owner said that it was fitted with a performance chip so we removed it to read it & painted across the chip part # was "V6 performance",it's hasn't got a window in it.As I was unable to read what type of chip it was I changed the willem to several different settings & saved.Tried the $5D.xdf plu several others, but its not reading correctly.What do I use?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vn5000
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
cars: vn v8 commodore
Location: GOLD COAST QLD

Re: Which XDF?

Post by vn5000 »

You should be able to read on eprom 27c128 settings and if you look at address 0x0008 it should tell you the mask id there.
User avatar
Dec_head
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm
cars: VR Calais

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Dec_head »

I have seen some using a 32k bin and $FB definition i think it was
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Doctor Bob »

post the bin file someone should be able to id it for you
v6bucket
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Which XDF?

Post by v6bucket »

Here's a copy of the bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Holden202T »

$4E ?

none of my xdf's view it correctly.
User avatar
Apples
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Apples »

Sorry to jump in but its under the same subject

Does anyone have a XDF for BZPT0725 $51 3.8L Man For Getrag manual trans.
Bin ID shows the following.
BZPT0725.BIN, detected type $51 revision F (VS Ecotec):
6000 --> 7FFF: 45FE
9000 --> FFAF: 9668
19800 --> 1FFAF: 141
I want to turn off vats to start with.
I was hoping the good Doctor may be able to help.
Apples.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Jayme »

v6bucket: sorry, I cant id it either, I cant even find any tables in it in the 3d data viewer, it all looks gibberish.

Apples: ive done a BZPT0725, dont know where vats is, but I left a flag in there so you can add it when someone posts the location up.
all I usually change is spark map and rev limit, so thats all ive got mapped :) oh and make sure you change progam id to AA, it doesnt seem to do the checksum correctly.
16199728_ver2 (vs getrag).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Holden202T »

i've been playing with CKUL $51 in my torana and i have a few things defined ....

offset 3818 bit 3 should be VATs .... ticked is disabled.

also disabled the checksum to get it working ....

thanks to VL400's help i have also got some fan settings defined too but im having some issues with them .... fan will come on at desired temp but continues to run even after it goes below the off temp .... other than that its working ok
User avatar
Apples
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Darwin, NT

Re: Which XDF?

Post by Apples »

Thanks Guys for the start.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.