old dog -- new tricks
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: old dog -- new tricks
Wolf? I thought they used a Haltech?
-
Circlotron
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am
- cars: VP 5L LPG
Re: old dog -- new tricks
So you went to all that trouble to put EFI on, and yet you have LPG too.
You never drive on petrol?
You never drive on petrol?
-
ladaok
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:45 am
- cars: none
Re: old dog -- new tricks
Thank you, Dylan, Jayme, Adrian ,
I'll check on the # of wires coming out of the dizzy, 2 I think guts is out of a 80's - 90's Suzuki " swift "
trying to find a " camira " 808 and loom etc will be like looking for rocking horse shit !
I'll have a read up on GM euro
If anybody has old parts f/sale please let me know, as I say, I'm starting on the bottom rung
I'll check on the # of wires coming out of the dizzy, 2 I think guts is out of a 80's - 90's Suzuki " swift "
trying to find a " camira " 808 and loom etc will be like looking for rocking horse shit !
I'll have a read up on GM euro
If anybody has old parts f/sale please let me know, as I say, I'm starting on the bottom rung
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: old dog -- new tricks
That same era of astra/pulsar also ran 808....
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: old dog -- new tricks
Any 808 will do, doesn't need to be from a Camira etc.
Look for an N13 Pulsar or LD Astra (same car) - their wiring looms are very easy to remove. Just make sure it's an MFPI car.
Look for an N13 Pulsar or LD Astra (same car) - their wiring looms are very easy to remove. Just make sure it's an MFPI car.
-
adrian
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:58 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: old dog -- new tricks
You could be correct there, I bought the system without the ECU but the guy I bought it from told me it used a Wolf .festy wrote:Wolf? I thought they used a Haltech?
Maybe he was guessing!!
-
adrian
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:58 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: old dog -- new tricks
Not really, that was just an image of another Toro engine bay I had.Circlotron wrote:So you went to all that trouble to put EFI on, and yet you have LPG too.
You never drive on petrol?
This was mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: old dog -- new tricks
My BIL was one of the Haltech engineers on that project, IIRC they used a cut down version of the F7 or F9, fitted with only 4 injector drivers or something like that. It also used a different programming tool.adrian wrote:You could be correct there, I bought the system without the ECU but the guy I bought it from told me it used a Wolf .festy wrote:Wolf? I thought they used a Haltech?
Maybe he was guessing!!
The Niva 1.7 EFI used a Delco TBI setup, I have a feeling that they may have used an '808, but could be wrong.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: old dog -- new tricks
ive tuned a couple of niva cossacks for a guy in france ages ago.got quite a gain in grunt wasnt an 808 i know that much.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
ladaok
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:45 am
- cars: none
Re: old dog -- new tricks
can you use a MAP senor and crank trigger with the ' 808 ' ?
ta ..... robbie
ta ..... robbie