Vn v6 tcc lockup

Wiring diagrams and questions
Fireblade.954
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
Location: Gold Coast qld

Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by Fireblade.954 »

Hi can someone tell me please.
Will my converter lockup work properly if I don't have a speed pulse? I'm using a vn engine in a hilux, and at the moment don't have the speedo wired up. I won't be using the vn cluster which I believe cut down the pulses?
Does the speed control the lockup? Or just the a7 wire somehow?
Thanks guys
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by Jayme »

speed goes in to ecu.... then when you are above the correct speed, it locks up the converter..... no speed into ecu = no tcc lockup.
you dont need the VN cluster... it only divides the signal by 5... you can run the speed sensor directly into the ecu and then change the PPK to VR specs which is in the 6xxx range.
Fireblade.954
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
Location: Gold Coast qld

Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by Fireblade.954 »

But if I did hook up a switch I could lock it if I wanted?
For temporary use.
Thanks mate
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by HQ355 »

You can use a switch to lock it up but I'd wire a light somewhere visible to remind you it's locked up or wire it up so when you hit the brakes it discs engages at the least. It only drops the revs about 200 rpm so I wouldn't realy bother unles you do it through the computer so it's not a pain in the ass to use
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by Holden202T »

I've done it manually with a mod to the gear box wiring so it would only work when its in 4th gear, and its less than optimal, and honestly more annoying hehehe if you have an option for a speedo pulse it is worth it, but yes you can get it to work manually if you wish.
Fireblade.954
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
Location: Gold Coast qld

Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup

Post by Fireblade.954 »

Thanks guys.
I'm helping a mate anyways. Depends on how many Jimmy's he buys. Lol