Hi can someone tell me please.
Will my converter lockup work properly if I don't have a speed pulse? I'm using a vn engine in a hilux, and at the moment don't have the speedo wired up. I won't be using the vn cluster which I believe cut down the pulses?
Does the speed control the lockup? Or just the a7 wire somehow?
Thanks guys
Vn v6 tcc lockup
-
Fireblade.954
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
- cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
- Location: Gold Coast qld
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup
speed goes in to ecu.... then when you are above the correct speed, it locks up the converter..... no speed into ecu = no tcc lockup.
you dont need the VN cluster... it only divides the signal by 5... you can run the speed sensor directly into the ecu and then change the PPK to VR specs which is in the 6xxx range.
you dont need the VN cluster... it only divides the signal by 5... you can run the speed sensor directly into the ecu and then change the PPK to VR specs which is in the 6xxx range.
-
Fireblade.954
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
- cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
- Location: Gold Coast qld
Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup
But if I did hook up a switch I could lock it if I wanted?
For temporary use.
Thanks mate
For temporary use.
Thanks mate
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup
You can use a switch to lock it up but I'd wire a light somewhere visible to remind you it's locked up or wire it up so when you hit the brakes it discs engages at the least. It only drops the revs about 200 rpm so I wouldn't realy bother unles you do it through the computer so it's not a pain in the ass to use
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup
I've done it manually with a mod to the gear box wiring so it would only work when its in 4th gear, and its less than optimal, and honestly more annoying hehehe if you have an option for a speedo pulse it is worth it, but yes you can get it to work manually if you wish.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Fireblade.954
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:53 am
- cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual
- Location: Gold Coast qld
Re: Vn v6 tcc lockup
Thanks guys.
I'm helping a mate anyways. Depends on how many Jimmy's he buys. Lol
I'm helping a mate anyways. Depends on how many Jimmy's he buys. Lol