Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by VL400 »

vlad01 wrote:btw anyone know how to read errors code via TP?
Under the data list view it has a list of codes. These are stored codes.
Helical
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 am
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)
Location: SOR, WA

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Helical »

I did my front discs with K & (something) roll bar paint a few months ago and so far none of it shows any signs of degrading. Previously I have used engine enamel but that didn't last very well. Never had any caliper paint when I needed to paint discs.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

engine enamel is only 500degF i think, exhaust paint however is like 1200degF ;)

i've used the exhaust paint on my turbo exhaust side with good results!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah exhaust paint on my y pipe cured awesome. like a ceramic coating.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

washed,dried, rubbed with auto clay, dried again with microfiber, chamois, fine compound, cotton cloth, wax, cotton, microfiber again.

bit over half way and 6 hrs in :lol:

Like glass, the pics don't show no where near how mirror shine it is.
IMG_1387_zpsefb94b93.jpg
IMG_1386_zps20f246c2.jpg
IMG_1384_zpsa3ddebe0.jpg
IMG_1383_zps2a67b34a.jpg
IMG_1382_zps8db28a69.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Holden202T »

i dunno you can see the brand of air compressor in the reflection, has to be a pretty good finish hehehe :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

it is!

I used Meguire's products for the job. Have to say its been the best I've ever used for detailing a car.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

ready to rock n roll!
IMG_1430_zpsf36900d1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by Gareth »

That would have to be the worlds cleanest VP/R Commodore :shock:

What a job !!!! you should have been a detailer....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I reckon. Last time I heard a mate got his clubsport detailed to this level (polish and cleaned interior) he paid 1000 bucks and was more than happy to do so.

I am currently jobless so what ever cash in hand jobs like that help. Doing bit of everything atm.