[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0batugOc0GM[/youtube]
3800 engine evolution video
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
3800 engine evolution video
found this today has a variety of good info on the vn s1 model engine in the usa and the changes from the model before as well as good ignition system tests etc even a note on an added zenor diode to limit ignition output
and check out the IAC block would suit conversions
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0batugOc0GM[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0batugOc0GM[/youtube]
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
haha thats a blast from the past.
good balance shaft info there.
good balance shaft info there.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
interesting that the american model had sequential injection way back then, but the holdens didnt get that till way later.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
nice video!!!
is there anything out there like this for SIDI???
is there anything out there like this for SIDI???
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
yep, well alloytec anyway.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXVLbzI3xTE[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDoT2oVQUQ[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXVLbzI3xTE[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDoT2oVQUQ[/youtube]
Last edited by vlad01 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
Jayme wrote:interesting that the american model had sequential injection way back then, but the holdens didnt get that till way later.
Their setup is much like VT.
They talk a lot about timing retarding when driving hard.
That must be like RDSC. I got that turned off in my cars
-
FXST02
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:42 am
- cars: VP V6 Auto sedan
- Location: Perth WA
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
That was interesting, thanks for posting.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
Nice.
Holden always has short changed us when they borrowed stuff from GM
If I remember correctly, the US L27 made power/torque than our VNs1 engines using a smaller TB than we did.
Holden always has short changed us when they borrowed stuff from GM
If I remember correctly, the US L27 made power/torque than our VNs1 engines using a smaller TB than we did.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
immortality wrote:Nice.
Holden always has short changed us when they borrowed stuff from GM
If I remember correctly, the US L27 made power/torque than our VNs1 engines using a smaller TB than we did.
its probably because of our shit fuel holden detuned them a bit, and I reckon leaned them to get the great economy that we did.
Also the L27 have banana manifolds over there that we never got, we got the LN3 manifold throughout the L27 run.
VN s1 were LN3 anyway.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: 3800 engine evolution video
thought ide put this here too shows all the different harmonic balancers that are stupidly used over the commodore v6 all different http://www.docstoc.com/docs/107042626/B ... tification
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem