The old Dual cab dances around a bit, and makes you feel funny when you take off. lol
Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
Looking at the log, it's at 78.1 % duty cycle on the double fire @ 6100rpm. 15psi, 60lb fuel pressure and 11.9afr with 17 degrees timing.
The old Dual cab dances around a bit, and makes you feel funny when you take off. lol
The old Dual cab dances around a bit, and makes you feel funny when you take off. lol
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
I would love to see a dyno reading of that thing.... put it this way.... look at a few fuel injector calculators out on the interwebz. 78% duty on 8x 80lb injectors they start reading around 900hp worth of fuel!!! have you tested to see if your pressure is dipping up top? hows your driveline? I bet it dances in 4wd.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
Yeah, it broke 2 gearboxes so I built a real strong one. sat up late at nights talking and getting parts from a guy over in the usa. Had to put a new tailshaft in it last week too.
Haven't done anything in 4wd. not game because the front tailshaft was something I cobbled together out of an old polaris quad bike axle to clear the gearbox.
Haven't done anything in 4wd. not game because the front tailshaft was something I cobbled together out of an old polaris quad bike axle to clear the gearbox.
-
V8hilux
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:20 am
- cars: v8 Hilux 4x4 383 turbocharged with th700 auto.
- Location: Inverell Northern NSW
Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
Heven't tested the fuel pressure while driving it. The fuel pump isn't a proper bosch 044. It's a chinese thing that "according to seller" lol is more powerful than a 044.
I dunno what power it makes...But I'm keen to chuck a 3 bar sensor at it and put another spring in the gate and see what happens. It's not tuned properly either. timing is just guesswork. picked a numbers out of a hat and run with it.
I dunno what power it makes...But I'm keen to chuck a 3 bar sensor at it and put another spring in the gate and see what happens. It's not tuned properly either. timing is just guesswork. picked a numbers out of a hat and run with it.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Have I maxxed out the 044 pump?
yep I know the feeling, I tuned my mates supercharged 304 torana, we took stock timing and made a guess at the amount of retard for on boost and then focused on getting the fuel right. after we tuned the fuel to be perfect, it had so much power we ended up leaving timing alone... only now a few years later, 3x T5s in the bin and now a stalled auto are we chasing more power, about to start looking into putting in on the local dyno and doing the timing properly. wait till 12P v112 is released to go the 3 bar map... it has better 3 bar boost scaling so it will be just a matter of ticking 3 bar and compressing your current Boost maps to the first half of the table and drive away.
on 12P v111 the scaling is different between 3 bar and 2 bar, so at 3 bar its only scaling the same fuel as it was at 2 bar on a 2 bar sensor so you would have to increase injector rate to stop it going to 100 and retune the entire boost VE table.
on 12P v111 the scaling is different between 3 bar and 2 bar, so at 3 bar its only scaling the same fuel as it was at 2 bar on a 2 bar sensor so you would have to increase injector rate to stop it going to 100 and retune the entire boost VE table.