Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Jayme »

great work! making my life easier when I get off my bum and make my adx :D
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Jayme wrote:great work! making my life easier when I get off my bum and make my adx :D
I figured it would help out alot :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

Anyone got suggestions for a name for this app?
Had a few beers with the lads and we came up with:
-Holdenosis
-OBDiagnostics
-HDS (Holden Diagnostic Scantool) <-simple and straight to the point
-FML (Fix My Lemon) <-Starts going down hill from here..
-ADHD (Automotive Diagnostics for Holden Dramas).. Yeah, and they get much dumber from here onwards..haha
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
monaro308
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by monaro308 »

Tazznostics
Tazztool
OBD3ware
Software on ELMstreet :D
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

monaro308 wrote:Tazznostics
Tazztool
OBD3ware
Software on ELMstreet :D
Bahaha :lol: ... Ill be passing those ones onto the boys

Last one takes the cake. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by HQ355 »

Does tazzi sleep ? Does he eat ? You work some crazy hours mate, you are doing an awsome job which will help a lot of people !
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Holden202T »

im a big fan of ADHD :) and HDS also.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I like tazznostics or software on ELMstreet, but tools looks great... AMAZING work!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by antus »

I'd say avoid OBD as its too general. HDS I like. Software on ELMstreet is pretty funny.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: ELM327 Software Development

Post by Tazzi »

HQ355 wrote:Does tazzi sleep ? Does he eat ? You work some crazy hours mate, you are doing an awsome job which will help a lot of people !
Got all the time in the world at the moment.. Soooo working on this till 3-4am isnt an issue :thumbup:
I seem to get some of my best work done in the early mornings!
Holden202T wrote:im a big fan of ADHD :) and HDS also.
Haha.. I just cant say ADHD without laughing... "Scan your car with ADHD".. hahahahaha.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:I like tazznostics or software on ELMstreet, but tools looks great... AMAZING work!
Cheers Getrag!
antus wrote:I'd say avoid OBD as its too general. HDS I like. Software on ELMstreet is pretty funny.
SOE.. HDS.. hmm, I guess for shits and giggles, SOftware on ELMstreet would always give a smile :thumbup:


Anyways, back to it. I did a proper run on the CAN live engine data read.. I almost kicked myself when I saw it reading at 110frames per sec! Its a few frames slower with the Console log running (no threading there). And this doesnt include updating any of the controls in the engine tab, but again, just do all control updates on a separate thread to maintain speed. Theres about a 4second delay from clicking start, to when the data starts flowing in, Doesnt help that almost everything is done with strings.. which is unbelievable inefficient.
dpidlogging.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image