Software On ELM Street - OBD2 Software Development
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: ELM327 Software Development
great work! making my life easier when I get off my bum and make my adx 
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: ELM327 Software Development
I figured it would help out alotJayme wrote:great work! making my life easier when I get off my bum and make my adx
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: ELM327 Software Development
Anyone got suggestions for a name for this app?
Had a few beers with the lads and we came up with:
-Holdenosis
-OBDiagnostics
-HDS (Holden Diagnostic Scantool) <-simple and straight to the point
-FML (Fix My Lemon) <-Starts going down hill from here..
-ADHD (Automotive Diagnostics for Holden Dramas).. Yeah, and they get much dumber from here onwards..haha
Had a few beers with the lads and we came up with:
-Holdenosis
-OBDiagnostics
-HDS (Holden Diagnostic Scantool) <-simple and straight to the point
-FML (Fix My Lemon) <-Starts going down hill from here..
-ADHD (Automotive Diagnostics for Holden Dramas).. Yeah, and they get much dumber from here onwards..haha
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
monaro308
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 am
- cars: HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV
Re: ELM327 Software Development
Tazznostics
Tazztool
OBD3ware
Software on ELMstreet
Tazztool
OBD3ware
Software on ELMstreet
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: ELM327 Software Development
Bahahamonaro308 wrote:Tazznostics
Tazztool
OBD3ware
Software on ELMstreet
Last one takes the cake.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: ELM327 Software Development
Does tazzi sleep ? Does he eat ? You work some crazy hours mate, you are doing an awsome job which will help a lot of people !
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: ELM327 Software Development
im a big fan of ADHD
and HDS also.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: ELM327 Software Development
I like tazznostics or software on ELMstreet, but tools looks great... AMAZING work!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: ELM327 Software Development
I'd say avoid OBD as its too general. HDS I like. Software on ELMstreet is pretty funny.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: ELM327 Software Development
Got all the time in the world at the moment.. Soooo working on this till 3-4am isnt an issueHQ355 wrote:Does tazzi sleep ? Does he eat ? You work some crazy hours mate, you are doing an awsome job which will help a lot of people !
I seem to get some of my best work done in the early mornings!
Haha.. I just cant say ADHD without laughing... "Scan your car with ADHD".. hahahahaha.Holden202T wrote:im a big fan of ADHDand HDS also.
Cheers Getrag!VX L67 Getrag wrote:I like tazznostics or software on ELMstreet, but tools looks great... AMAZING work!
SOE.. HDS.. hmm, I guess for shits and giggles, SOftware on ELMstreet would always give a smileantus wrote:I'd say avoid OBD as its too general. HDS I like. Software on ELMstreet is pretty funny.
Anyways, back to it. I did a proper run on the CAN live engine data read.. I almost kicked myself when I saw it reading at 110frames per sec! Its a few frames slower with the Console log running (no threading there). And this doesnt include updating any of the controls in the engine tab, but again, just do all control updates on a separate thread to maintain speed. Theres about a 4second delay from clicking start, to when the data starts flowing in, Doesnt help that almost everything is done with strings.. which is unbelievable inefficient.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
