Inlet temp

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Inlet temp

Post by HQ355 »

Just wondering what the average manifold temperature normaly is on the bunch of bannanas 304 ? Cheers
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Inlet temp

Post by delcowizzid »

anywhere from 35-coolant temp depending on if you are open throttle or closed or sitting there idling.they read heatsoaked manifolds and it takes a while for the reading to come down after sitting idling
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Inlet temp

Post by HQ355 »

So what's a decent manifold these days without robbing a bank to get a group A one ? It will be going on a 355 with mild roller cam, ported heads 10:1 comp, extractors into twin 2 1/2, t-56 and 9" with 4:11's ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Inlet temp

Post by vlad01 »

lol, those temps were a lot more than coolant temp.

it was over 100 on this engine. 104 it peaked.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Inlet temp

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah it was hot that day, drive it on Saturday when it was hotter (35) and it only got up to 88 ? Still warm though
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Inlet temp

Post by vlad01 »

maybe hot engine bay temps cos it was way lean? the exhaust was radiating tons of heat that day.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Inlet temp

Post by HQ355 »

May be ? We didn't drive it after last upload, it was running cooler on Saturday, and it was getting a bit of a work out and then stuck in traffic, time will tell, il have some fun and find out ! I'l have to come
up there and do some high altitude tuning on the test track lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Inlet temp

Post by vlad01 »

ah the test track :)
vn5000
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
cars: vn v8 commodore
Location: GOLD COAST QLD

Re: Inlet temp

Post by vn5000 »

Performance cams with large valve overlap allow exhaust gases to heat the iat up to over 120 deg c at idle.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Inlet temp

Post by vlad01 »

ahh! yeah thats what we were seeing. idle and the intake was cooking