Inlet temp
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Inlet temp
Just wondering what the average manifold temperature normaly is on the bunch of bannanas 304 ? Cheers
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Inlet temp
anywhere from 35-coolant temp depending on if you are open throttle or closed or sitting there idling.they read heatsoaked manifolds and it takes a while for the reading to come down after sitting idling
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Inlet temp
So what's a decent manifold these days without robbing a bank to get a group A one ? It will be going on a 355 with mild roller cam, ported heads 10:1 comp, extractors into twin 2 1/2, t-56 and 9" with 4:11's ?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Inlet temp
lol, those temps were a lot more than coolant temp.
it was over 100 on this engine. 104 it peaked.
it was over 100 on this engine. 104 it peaked.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Inlet temp
Yeah it was hot that day, drive it on Saturday when it was hotter (35) and it only got up to 88 ? Still warm though
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Inlet temp
maybe hot engine bay temps cos it was way lean? the exhaust was radiating tons of heat that day.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Inlet temp
May be ? We didn't drive it after last upload, it was running cooler on Saturday, and it was getting a bit of a work out and then stuck in traffic, time will tell, il have some fun and find out ! I'l have to come
up there and do some high altitude tuning on the test track lol
up there and do some high altitude tuning on the test track lol
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Inlet temp
ah the test track 
-
vn5000
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 am
- cars: vn v8 commodore
- Location: GOLD COAST QLD
Re: Inlet temp
Performance cams with large valve overlap allow exhaust gases to heat the iat up to over 120 deg c at idle.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Inlet temp
ahh! yeah thats what we were seeing. idle and the intake was cooking