Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by The1 »

vlad01 wrote:thats it!

The1, hurry up, print us one of these please!
no probs, send me over the drawing :thumbup:
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Gareth »

Sorry, couldn't help it.. :lol:
manifold.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by The1 »

send the STL or GCode over for it and consider it done ;) :lol:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

LOL
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by Gareth »

No seriously, is the anyone out there that may be able to help out and draw something for us???

I can see myself fitting a plastic ecotec manifold :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by HQ355 »

Hey biggvl why stop at ecotech ? I'd like a plastic manifold on my V8, a nice group a replica or Somthing that works just as good, i'l even settle for cast ! Does anyone know where to get a group a manifold to copy off ? I can get the cnc machining done, may be it's time to have a look ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

yeah lets perhaps make a really good design and make v6 and v8 versions of them, forget group A, lets aim for Ferrari style :thumbup:

perhaps it would be good to invest in some good engine modeling software capable of modeling intakes?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by vlad01 »

I have a copy of solidworks 09 if anyone wants it. I have no idea how to use it lol
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by delcowizzid »

keen as to have a play on that
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Fins on back of Valve & Fins pre TB

Post by immortality »

Ferrari aren't the only exotic car manufacturer to use intake manifolds like that, the one big difference is though that fairly much all of those exotic European V8/V10/V12 monsters are using flat plane cranks, don't know if that make a difference but an intake like that on a Holden engine would just be insane.

That twin plenum manifold shown a couple of pages back would be the closest one I've seen and I think it was made by that sicsix crowd.