V6 heads, differences.

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by vlad01 »

get one of these while you are at it.

Image
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by delcowizzid »

google image stage 2 buick heads for big bad boy heads LOL look at them intake runners LOL
Image
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by immortality »

I don't think ZZP do the alloy heads any more.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by vlad01 »

nah they are making them again. Sicsix buy them in and modify them.


http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/4 ... Heads.aspx
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by Holden202T »

vlad01 wrote:get one of these while you are at it.

Image
I like :)

I am torn though, yes I have this old school carby buick, but whats the point in using it really if I go EFI, shouldn't I then just get a VN-VR motor and save myself a lot of hassle ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by vlad01 »

lol the answer is literally in your signature
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:nah they are making them again. Sicsix buy them in and modify them.


http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/4 ... Heads.aspx

Ok, I'm sure they definitely stopped production for a while.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by Holden202T »

vlad01 wrote:lol the answer is literally in your signature
so your saying there is going to be more HP potential in the older block ?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:get one of these while you are at it.

Image
If only someone would re-cast that manifold to suit our heads :(
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:
vlad01 wrote:lol the answer is literally in your signature
so your saying there is going to be more HP potential in the older block ?

yep! those old heads have best potential out of the buick V6 family. especially with those aftermarket heads on the previous page.

they supposedly have up to 1500hp potential alone with boost for the aftermarket TA heads.