heres an example of the same issue on a 202, I had to max it out in that one little area to get the thing to not be lean at wot!
Delco Jeep
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Delco Jeep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Jeep
I had a look over the log and the rest of the bin. Made some changes so best to do a compare and see.
The lean spikes look to swing with the charge temp so made some changes there.
You're not running the holden manifold so that's bound to be different. Ive tuned a few holden V8's with different manifolds and the charge temps are different to holdens, and different to other aftermarket types.
With a different charge temp table the VE will be out now, but it needed some work anyway.
Get a log of this from cold to hot driving around and throw it up for a look.
Also might be worth setting base idle or even just opening the throttle blade a bit there's quite a few steps there at idle.
look forward to the next log.
PS: Feel free to tell me to mind my own business and leave your tune alone.
I'm getting a bit itchy haven't tuned a car for a while. Got a couple coming up though.
The lean spikes look to swing with the charge temp so made some changes there.
You're not running the holden manifold so that's bound to be different. Ive tuned a few holden V8's with different manifolds and the charge temps are different to holdens, and different to other aftermarket types.
With a different charge temp table the VE will be out now, but it needed some work anyway.
Get a log of this from cold to hot driving around and throw it up for a look.
Also might be worth setting base idle or even just opening the throttle blade a bit there's quite a few steps there at idle.
look forward to the next log.
PS: Feel free to tell me to mind my own business and leave your tune alone.
I'm getting a bit itchy haven't tuned a car for a while. Got a couple coming up though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Jeep
Where's your wide band mounted? Have you been able to confirm the readings?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Delco Jeep
I had to change inverse table because of just a cam, due to overlap induced EGR and intake reversion heating the MAT to extreme temps.
I normally set the table the same from low temps to max (left and right columns the same) so that high intake temps doesn't cause the AFR to richen which throws out the VE something shocking when trying to tune.
I do believe its like a hot enrichment function to maybe protect the engine from detonation?, cooling effects of fuel?
I normally set the table the same from low temps to max (left and right columns the same) so that high intake temps doesn't cause the AFR to richen which throws out the VE something shocking when trying to tune.
I do believe its like a hot enrichment function to maybe protect the engine from detonation?, cooling effects of fuel?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Jeep
I take it as the hotter the air the less dense it is.
So the warmer air needs less fuel for same afr as colder air. As lower density means less in the cylinder.
So the warmer air needs less fuel for same afr as colder air. As lower density means less in the cylinder.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Delco Jeep
Dylan wrote:I take it as the hotter the air the less dense it is.
So the warmer air needs less fuel for same afr as colder air. As lower density means less in the cylinder.
yes but the inverse table does exactly opposite in factory form. The hotter the richer it goes, hence why I set the columns equal so that it does not do that.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Jeep
I once converted using Google the vn group a table from Kelvin to degrre Celsius.
Numbers weren't opposite maybe it depends on who done the xdf? The name inverse always made me think though.
Numbers weren't opposite maybe it depends on who done the xdf? The name inverse always made me think though.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Delco Jeep
my understanding in the left column is the same as the coolant temp table and its associated offsets. the right part of the table tells it when left temp is this, then it really means this one on the right and use offsets for this coolant temp. So its an offset for an offset if you know what i mean. If you set the right column the same as the left the term does nothing.
Not sure if is coolant temps it referring to, or MAT temps, charge of one of 2 temps? not sure.
the factory setting are everything is equal until above 108? C where is drastically offsets to go rich as! at 150c is tells it to use the -23c offset. So rich as a pig!!!
On this VP of another member here I have been tuning when cold the low TPS areas were really lean for eg. WB was 16 when it commanded 13.5. once hot its was commanding 14.7 and it was 10, pegged out the WB. This was because the MAT temps normally sat at 150 all the time on cruise, only coming down to about 80-100 with open throttle for several sec or greater. it idles at 75-80kpa. its a crappy cam for the combo. But I tune what is there.
Once I equaled the columns from 108 C up its been sweet. VE tables has stayed put in all temps.
Not sure if is coolant temps it referring to, or MAT temps, charge of one of 2 temps? not sure.
the factory setting are everything is equal until above 108? C where is drastically offsets to go rich as! at 150c is tells it to use the -23c offset. So rich as a pig!!!
On this VP of another member here I have been tuning when cold the low TPS areas were really lean for eg. WB was 16 when it commanded 13.5. once hot its was commanding 14.7 and it was 10, pegged out the WB. This was because the MAT temps normally sat at 150 all the time on cruise, only coming down to about 80-100 with open throttle for several sec or greater. it idles at 75-80kpa. its a crappy cam for the combo. But I tune what is there.
Once I equaled the columns from 108 C up its been sweet. VE tables has stayed put in all temps.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Delco Jeep
This a V6? The V8 does not match up side to side. The charge temp is calculated from coolant and mat.
There's another table percant coolant contribution for charge temp.
End of day it's all there to keep a consistent afr across all running temps.
Holden may use it for other ideas. So long as it works for us is the key.
The BAYA vn group a tune is worth a look. Inverse table and percent coolant contribution are way different to stock.
I used these figures on a 12P tune for a mates car running a come ttb intake. Pulled the afr into line real good.
Added more coolant contribution to idle area due to low idle vac as it was a highly modified engine.
Even stock vn v6 and v8 inverse figures vary from vn to vr. Funny the vr v6 goes to -23 but vn has normal figures right up. VR v8 had normal figures but not v6.
There's another table percant coolant contribution for charge temp.
End of day it's all there to keep a consistent afr across all running temps.
Holden may use it for other ideas. So long as it works for us is the key.
The BAYA vn group a tune is worth a look. Inverse table and percent coolant contribution are way different to stock.
I used these figures on a 12P tune for a mates car running a come ttb intake. Pulled the afr into line real good.
Added more coolant contribution to idle area due to low idle vac as it was a highly modified engine.
Even stock vn v6 and v8 inverse figures vary from vn to vr. Funny the vr v6 goes to -23 but vn has normal figures right up. VR v8 had normal figures but not v6.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Delco Jeep
yeah V6, BLCD has this. havn't looked at the other tunes yet.Dylan wrote:This a V6? The V8 does not match up side to side. The charge temp is calculated from coolant and mat.
There's another table percant coolant contribution for charge temp.
End of day it's all there to keep a consistent afr across all running temps.
Holden may use it for other ideas. So long as it works for us is the key.
The BAYA vn group a tune is worth a look. Inverse table and percent coolant contribution are way different to stock.
I used these figures on a 12P tune for a mates car running a come ttb intake. Pulled the afr into line real good.
Added more coolant contribution to idle area due to low idle vac as it was a highly modified engine.
Even stock vn v6 and v8 inverse figures vary from vn to vr. Funny the vr v6 goes to -23 but vn has normal figures right up. VR v8 had normal figures but not v6.