Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So I just ordered Dellows billet flywheel, pivot bolt ( about time someone starting making them :thumbup: ) and fork retaining spring all for 550 delivered.

just about to buy a powerbond race balancer for 260 free shipping. bargain! But before I do, i will confirm the 8 rib part will clear the dip stick tube as they are on the front on late engines.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

Where are you getting the balancer from?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

rocket industries via ebay.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

well I have to look else where. Got refunded the money. They said they couldn't find in the warehouse lol.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Pistons sorted! :thumbup:

got Nason pistons, which took over the ACL race series piston manufacturing , they are the the exact same ACL 9380 v6 pistons, even retained the same ACL part number.

http://www.aclperformance.com.au/6MKRY9380.htm
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

some bits.

Got those damn guides finally. think there is only 8 left at holden so get them while you can.
IMG_0512_zpsxr8gb8v6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

I'll be hanging onto mine then!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I regularly search ebay for NOS vp stuff and have been doing it for years.

while my vacationer decals are now being reproduced I was also going to get the textured bumper stripes done too, but like perfect timing these came on to ebay for the 1st time and I thought "perfect alignment of the planets and stars"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-VP-CO ... true&rt=nc
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

Sometimes you get lucky ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Got my tank done, just need a new pump kit and its finished and awaiting the car to be painted later in the year.

Also rebuild a sender, like new again. replated, all new viton seals and cherry picked a rheostat card and wiper for it.

IMG_0515_zpscufm4hnr.jpg
IMG_0517_zps4ciqqubt.jpg
last week I got these done.
IMG_0518_zpsnr13gibl.jpg
bits awaiting pistons, flywheel, balancer and pressure plate before heading to the machine shop.

Crank coated in wax.
IMG_0519_zpsvmaso3ll.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.