EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by TdracerTd »

Just sounding out if any one is interested in a pretty raunchy seriesI v6 cam.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

specs? i want to simulate it
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by TdracerTd »

Even better-
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

I think you might be disappointed lol.

mind if I post the results?

such a weird profile, doesn't make any sense for the v6.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by TdracerTd »

Oh. Okay. Go for it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

however if I retard the cam by 3º and up the comp to 10:1 and increase the lift to say 490 it reduces the loss of power from 0-3500 some what but really comes alive at 5500-6000 making over 260hp with stock heads.

you would need 1.98 rockers to even make it work worthwhile, which gets the lift to 411.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

as is if you bang in the cam to spec without modifying the engine.

its compared to my stock VR with exhaust and such. This is flywheel hp.

stock vr is the light colours and this cam is the darker ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

I settled for 2º retard, 10:1 cr and 1.98 rockers assuming that the highest mace sell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by TdracerTd »

Came out of an engine running 11.1:1 comp with bigger valves, 1.65 roller rockers and ported heads. I believe it made 230 whp on 98.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: EOI: series one V6 cam. N/A

Post by vlad01 »

mildly ported heads got it even higher at 269hp at 5500-6000