Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.
vlad01
Posts: 8548 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:49 am
Holden202T wrote: Advance the cam 6 degrees and it might be a good streeter!
I find it kills the top end much fast that it makes up the bottom coming in closer to stock.
However if the cam specs are optimized you can get the best of both worlds but not as much peak hp.
thats what i did with my cam to be. makes more power and torque everywhere than stock from 1500 up. below 1500 only a loss of a few % over stock, should be unnoticeable.
vlad01
Posts: 8548 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:58 am
just tried the +6 timing and it only made about 240 fw hp and made almost no gain in the mid and lows.
best result I got was from 0 to -3 deg at about 285hp at 5500-6000
Holden202T
Posts: 10435 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW
Post
by Holden202T » Fri May 29, 2015 11:08 am
Yeah and really if you have to advance or retard them that much you probably chose the wrong cam!!
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ
Post
by delcowizzid » Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 am
i have a few cam files for mates cams that have been run in real life
westerlys cam.rar
altered cam.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
Posts: 8548 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:23 am
Not bad!
NA yeah?
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ
Post
by delcowizzid » Sun May 31, 2015 7:50 am
altered cams twin turbo but being ground on a stock reused core it probably suits n/a eqally well lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
Posts: 8548 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:56 am
delcowizzid wrote: altered cams twin turbo but being ground on a stock reused core it probably suits n/a eqally well lol
yeah I wasn't sure about that one as i saw the LSA was big but it simulated pretty good for NA.