CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah and that's exactly what I don't want, I have even thought of stepping it down to 2.5 after the muffler if needs be.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

Damn, there is truck loads of room under there.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

ahahha yeah your not wrong, its great after a lot of old holdens and the Gemini with small areas :) mind you the short engine bay and large engine cover needed offsets the space under the floor :)

well I just started it up with the above pictured exhaust, its a lot quieter than I was expecting, and its got a nice deep note too! very happy with the sound, might need to be a bit quieter to pass noise test but it wont be much, and like the exhaust bloke said, even just a few mtrs of pipe out to the back of the car will take some of the sound out of it too, so one day i'll do the rest hehe! at least for the time being its not to loud to start and move when needed, I think I want to get the diff in and sorted before I do the rest of it though.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

and heres a shit video off my phone of what it sounds like!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_r2pLVicUI[/youtube]

please disregard the shit tune and dead lead/plug ehehe
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Gareth »

Burnout will fix the dud plug :D

Screw the neighbours, blame me :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

I already tried that, didn't! might not have been big enough lol!

I removed one that wasn't firing and the earth strap was bent onto the electrode ..... I thought that was it, but I didn't check any others and the leads are old and I actually made one of them myself from an ecotec lead .... I really need to put the new shit on! but I've been waiting till I get my wideband and can tune the idle area properly before I put new plugs in etc.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

so I sorted out the missing issue, I removed all the plugs and gave them a wire brush/carby cleaner hit, they were pretty black and cruddy, but they are now loving it and the miss when the motor is revved is gone as you'll see in the below video!!

so I went and got some paint for the exhaust today and while I was there I noticed they had a royal blue spray can, so I grabbed one just as a bit of a tester to see what it would look like :)
P1120705.JPG
and I also layed a bit of black on the exhaust, I wasn't sure if it was gloss or not, it looks like its a satin finish, im fine with that :)
P1120707.JPG
P1120710.JPG
I also extended the pipe off the back of the muffler with the 3 inch pipe I had left and it just managed to go past the diff .... anyways that extra piece has made a considerable difference to the loudness, I wouldn't be surprised if as it is it would pass a noise test once the pipes out the back!

on that note I took a little video from the rear of the sound - and my dog photo bombed :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dRuRpCIHkM[/youtube]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
festy
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
cars: Alfa Romeos
Location: Narellan, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by festy »

Kelpie x red cattle dog?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

close! kelpie x border collie ... pretty much is all kelpie characteristics, but certainly has border collie energy :)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

I miss having a dog around the house :(