CF Bedford Van
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah and that's exactly what I don't want, I have even thought of stepping it down to 2.5 after the muffler if needs be.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
Damn, there is truck loads of room under there.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
ahahha yeah your not wrong, its great after a lot of old holdens and the Gemini with small areas
mind you the short engine bay and large engine cover needed offsets the space under the floor 
well I just started it up with the above pictured exhaust, its a lot quieter than I was expecting, and its got a nice deep note too! very happy with the sound, might need to be a bit quieter to pass noise test but it wont be much, and like the exhaust bloke said, even just a few mtrs of pipe out to the back of the car will take some of the sound out of it too, so one day i'll do the rest hehe! at least for the time being its not to loud to start and move when needed, I think I want to get the diff in and sorted before I do the rest of it though.
well I just started it up with the above pictured exhaust, its a lot quieter than I was expecting, and its got a nice deep note too! very happy with the sound, might need to be a bit quieter to pass noise test but it wont be much, and like the exhaust bloke said, even just a few mtrs of pipe out to the back of the car will take some of the sound out of it too, so one day i'll do the rest hehe! at least for the time being its not to loud to start and move when needed, I think I want to get the diff in and sorted before I do the rest of it though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
and heres a shit video off my phone of what it sounds like!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_r2pLVicUI[/youtube]
please disregard the shit tune and dead lead/plug ehehe
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_r2pLVicUI[/youtube]
please disregard the shit tune and dead lead/plug ehehe
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
Burnout will fix the dud plug
Screw the neighbours, blame me
Screw the neighbours, blame me
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
I already tried that, didn't! might not have been big enough lol!
I removed one that wasn't firing and the earth strap was bent onto the electrode ..... I thought that was it, but I didn't check any others and the leads are old and I actually made one of them myself from an ecotec lead .... I really need to put the new shit on! but I've been waiting till I get my wideband and can tune the idle area properly before I put new plugs in etc.
I removed one that wasn't firing and the earth strap was bent onto the electrode ..... I thought that was it, but I didn't check any others and the leads are old and I actually made one of them myself from an ecotec lead .... I really need to put the new shit on! but I've been waiting till I get my wideband and can tune the idle area properly before I put new plugs in etc.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
so I sorted out the missing issue, I removed all the plugs and gave them a wire brush/carby cleaner hit, they were pretty black and cruddy, but they are now loving it and the miss when the motor is revved is gone as you'll see in the below video!!
so I went and got some paint for the exhaust today and while I was there I noticed they had a royal blue spray can, so I grabbed one just as a bit of a tester to see what it would look like
and I also layed a bit of black on the exhaust, I wasn't sure if it was gloss or not, it looks like its a satin finish, im fine with that
I also extended the pipe off the back of the muffler with the 3 inch pipe I had left and it just managed to go past the diff .... anyways that extra piece has made a considerable difference to the loudness, I wouldn't be surprised if as it is it would pass a noise test once the pipes out the back!
on that note I took a little video from the rear of the sound - and my dog photo bombed
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dRuRpCIHkM[/youtube]
so I went and got some paint for the exhaust today and while I was there I noticed they had a royal blue spray can, so I grabbed one just as a bit of a tester to see what it would look like
and I also layed a bit of black on the exhaust, I wasn't sure if it was gloss or not, it looks like its a satin finish, im fine with that
I also extended the pipe off the back of the muffler with the 3 inch pipe I had left and it just managed to go past the diff .... anyways that extra piece has made a considerable difference to the loudness, I wouldn't be surprised if as it is it would pass a noise test once the pipes out the back!
on that note I took a little video from the rear of the sound - and my dog photo bombed
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dRuRpCIHkM[/youtube]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
festy
- Posts: 1039
- Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am
- cars: Alfa Romeos
- Location: Narellan, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
Kelpie x red cattle dog?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
close! kelpie x border collie ... pretty much is all kelpie characteristics, but certainly has border collie energy 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
I miss having a dog around the house 