Sc14 to buick and e85

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Dylan wrote:Sorry for stupid question. But what model are these parts off and what model car are they now on?
Not a stupid question. They are vt sI lca's, knuckles, hubs and struts. I can give more details on bushes required and k frame mods if you are interested in doing something similar.

Fitted to vp commodore.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Dylan »

A mate is rebuilding a vk and we talked about running late model gear.
Plenty of info and ideas about but haven't seen many actually done.

How'd the camber finish up? And yeah the more info the better! Thanks.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Camber is racecarish. Lol. Goes from about 4deg to around 10deg with suspension concepts strut tops. Heaps of caster too. I wouldn't recommend it for a road car. I have 88mm increased track. That's 44mm a side.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by Holden202T »

some nice looking bits there :) should make a massive difference!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

looks like those adjustable radius rods worked out ok with the VT arms, bush is a little cocked sideways but not bad, should work alright I reckon.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by ejukated »

TdracerTd wrote:
Dylan wrote:Sorry for stupid question. But what model are these parts off and what model car are they now on?
Not a stupid question. They are vt sI lca's, knuckles, hubs and struts. I can give more details on bushes required and k frame mods if you are interested in doing something similar.

Fitted to vp commodore.
Interesting mod, just to clarify, VT arms give 35mm extra track per side over VR/VS? Whats the difference between VT SI and the VT SII onwards arm?
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

35mm side on side over vn/vp lca's. Also had to relocate the inner pivot, yielding an extra 19mm per side. The vt II setup has a different ball joint setup. Vt I uses a pinch connection on the steering knuckle where vt II uses a taper. Other than that I can't really tell you much more as I haven't had my hands on vt II lca's.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

Modified sway bar links and custom mounts done-
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by vlad01 »

see if you can link the sway bar further out towards the hubs, that will give better bar effectiveness.

having the connection point further in adds leverage advantage to the strut reducing the effective "size" of the sway bar. ideally having it connected to the strut itself would at lease bring the effectiveness back to stock level, but I reckon the best solution is a custom thicker and wider bar to utilize the mount on the strut and be able to use off the shelf links.
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: Sc14 to buick and e85

Post by TdracerTd »

The position is adjustable and can be moved further out. This is my starting point, as it is in line with the stock mounting point. I think it will possibly need to be moved in anyhow, as the vt sway bar has longer legs and therefore more leverage side to side than the vp bar. Believe it or not, there is some method to the way I'm setting it up.