programmer suggestions

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
kelvin
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am
cars: Commodore

programmer suggestions

Post by kelvin »

I've been playing with Tunerpro and seemed to have grasped the basics, so now I'm off to Ebay to buy a programmer. Of course it needs to be a reader also. Are all programmers readers?. Any particular suggestions?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: programmer suggestions

Post by Jayme »

User avatar
Dec_head
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm
cars: VR Calais

Re: programmer suggestions

Post by Dec_head »

I was thinking about buying one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/True-USB-Willem- ... 483a1eb289

Has anyone tried them
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: programmer suggestions

Post by yoda69 »

I use the one Dec_head has listed and have no complaints.
It is a True USB Willems GQ-4X.
Possibly a case of overkill, but it will program nearly anything with the right adapter.
Think I made an offer of $105 and it was accepted.

yoda69
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: programmer suggestions

Post by Doctor Bob »

I use an Elnec SmartProg2
http://www.elnec.com/products/device-pr ... martprog2/
as my main unit.
i have a couple of other specialised programers for specific jobs

Rob