CF Bedford Van
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: CF Bedford Van
awesome work sammy as always.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
thanks man!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
the old vans been pretty neglected over the last few months, have been doing jobs of a heap of friends cars/motors/wiring stuff .... finally got most all of them done, on the up side it has given me time to save money for goodies 
I've also finally worked out where i wanted to put the computer, so drilled a big hole under the passenger seat for it, it will eventually be tin plated around that seat from similar to the original bases so will be a nice little hidy hole for the computer.
just need to re-route some wiring to its new location.
I also bought some new shockies for the van, the old ones were as best as I can describe, totally stuffed! its certainly much more rigid when pushing the suspension up and down now!
i also noticed the front shocks are stamped with GM, so more than likely the originals! rears were Monroe, but certainly very old and crusty looking!
hopefully more progress in the next few months, really trying to get stuck into it now the weather is warmer
I've also finally worked out where i wanted to put the computer, so drilled a big hole under the passenger seat for it, it will eventually be tin plated around that seat from similar to the original bases so will be a nice little hidy hole for the computer.
just need to re-route some wiring to its new location.
I also bought some new shockies for the van, the old ones were as best as I can describe, totally stuffed! its certainly much more rigid when pushing the suspension up and down now!
i also noticed the front shocks are stamped with GM, so more than likely the originals! rears were Monroe, but certainly very old and crusty looking!
hopefully more progress in the next few months, really trying to get stuck into it now the weather is warmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
At least you didn't get pedders ones.
The monroe ones are alright for the price.
The monroe ones are alright for the price.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
yeah I've had pedders once, they seemed ok, but not for long!
monroes I cannot fault, always done me well and for a lot of kms!
monroes I cannot fault, always done me well and for a lot of kms!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: CF Bedford Van
every single last pedders i removed from other cars where totally stuff. My nephew's VP front strut fell out of the car when I jacked it up. The shocker had separated from the strut housing, and on top of that the shocker was not even working despite not actually having any load placed on. Absolute junk they are.
I've used monroe gt and boge. Even cheapy gabriel shocks which actually pretty good.
I've used monroe gt and boge. Even cheapy gabriel shocks which actually pretty good.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
I quiet like KYB shocks, prefer them over Munroe.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: CF Bedford Van
actually, it wasn't pedders it was Gabriel! felt like a Monroe gt gas but wore out like 10,000kms!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
TdracerTd
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
- cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX
Re: CF Bedford Van
Good progress. I like monroe shocks. I had them in my racecar. It will be interesting to see how the Bilstiens compare. 
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: CF Bedford Van
Should be no comparison at all, day and night between Munroe and Bilsteins.
I had Bilsteins/Kings in my VH, was a hard ride at road legal speeds but at loose your license speeds it was planted and firm, rode really well.
I had Bilsteins/Kings in my VH, was a hard ride at road legal speeds but at loose your license speeds it was planted and firm, rode really well.