CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by psyolent »

awesome work sammy as always.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

thanks man!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

the old vans been pretty neglected over the last few months, have been doing jobs of a heap of friends cars/motors/wiring stuff .... finally got most all of them done, on the up side it has given me time to save money for goodies :)

I've also finally worked out where i wanted to put the computer, so drilled a big hole under the passenger seat for it, it will eventually be tin plated around that seat from similar to the original bases so will be a nice little hidy hole for the computer.
WP_20150912_16_33_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20150912_16_34_06_Pro.jpg
just need to re-route some wiring to its new location.

I also bought some new shockies for the van, the old ones were as best as I can describe, totally stuffed! its certainly much more rigid when pushing the suspension up and down now!

i also noticed the front shocks are stamped with GM, so more than likely the originals! rears were Monroe, but certainly very old and crusty looking!
WP_20150917_21_14_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20150917_21_50_47_Pro.jpg
hopefully more progress in the next few months, really trying to get stuck into it now the weather is warmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by vlad01 »

At least you didn't get pedders ones.

The monroe ones are alright for the price.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've had pedders once, they seemed ok, but not for long!

monroes I cannot fault, always done me well and for a lot of kms!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by vlad01 »

every single last pedders i removed from other cars where totally stuff. My nephew's VP front strut fell out of the car when I jacked it up. The shocker had separated from the strut housing, and on top of that the shocker was not even working despite not actually having any load placed on. Absolute junk they are.

I've used monroe gt and boge. Even cheapy gabriel shocks which actually pretty good.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

I quiet like KYB shocks, prefer them over Munroe.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by Holden202T »

actually, it wasn't pedders it was Gabriel! felt like a Monroe gt gas but wore out like 10,000kms!
User avatar
TdracerTd
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm
cars: Td Gemini coupe (race car WIP)
Holden VE SS ute (tow car/daily)
Vp commodore V6 (race car, s/c, e85, intercooled)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (mrs car, family bus)
My12 subaru STi (Weekend warrior/Toy)
1972 LJ torana GTR (my Dad's car)
Mitsubishi Evo IX

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by TdracerTd »

Good progress. I like monroe shocks. I had them in my racecar. It will be interesting to see how the Bilstiens compare. :)
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: CF Bedford Van

Post by immortality »

Should be no comparison at all, day and night between Munroe and Bilsteins.

I had Bilsteins/Kings in my VH, was a hard ride at road legal speeds but at loose your license speeds it was planted and firm, rode really well.