E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by Dylan »

How does normal efi equipment handle E10? I currently have the engine apart on my 1994 VR V8 Commodore.
It will be a daily after this and thinking running E10. Some googling sees quite a few people claiming they're running it as far back as VN's without trouble for year's.

Any opinions on this?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by Gareth »

Most people will have used E10 or there abouts without knowing, there are a lot of servo operators that blend ethanol with petrol to stretch profits, most people never notice... I have had a few BA falcons through the shop over the years with rust problems in the fuel rail, most likely from the after effects of ethanol blended fuel...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by Dylan »

Would that become worse when stopped running ethanol?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by Gareth »

I don't think so, im sure it has more to do with running the tank down low and picking up all the shit in the tank...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:How does normal efi equipment handle E10? I currently have the engine apart on my 1994 VR V8 Commodore.
It will be a daily after this and thinking running E10. Some googling sees quite a few people claiming they're running it as far back as VN's without trouble for year's.

Any opinions on this?

I ran mine exclusively on united E10 (their 95 oct fuel) for about 4 years back in the day. My tank was immaculate inside as was the rest of the system. My problems stated when I used BP's 95 premium, red silt after few months would kill pump after pump and block everything up. Been alright since using 98 only now.
0081
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by 0081 »

Found this hose on ebay while searching around.
Lists it for just about it all fuels and says its suitable for the 400 series pushlock hose fittings but still needs a clamp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: E85, Fuel Lines & Hoses

Post by OZ38 »

0081 wrote:Found this hose on ebay while searching around.
Lists it for just about it all fuels and says its suitable for the 400 series pushlock hose fittings but still needs a clamp.
SpeedFlow are selling that also under their product lines.

edit: oh forget that I see they are a SpeedFlow reseller lol.

Cheers