Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

lol, guess again.

its related to a very common VN-VS problem. btw these clips are 3d printed, strong and flexible as.


So I got my stuff back from the blaster, all nice and clean. Will attempt to paint some of it on the weekend.
IMG_2438_zpsspcgkk7u.jpg
I got my panel welded where a stone? or something had rubbed almost through. All prep'd and ready to get primed.
IMG_2434_zpsascmgvpo.jpg
IMG_2435_zpsidfosrvz.jpg
IMG_2437_zpsryqgwlmf.jpg
Been at the wreckers, picked up another sump as I couldn't get all the blasting media out of the corners, so rather than risk it, I got another sump and a pickup.
Just a quick wipe and wow this one is clean as!.
IMG_2436_zpsjccj0gjs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

How about a clue on the clips?...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

come on really? you drive a vn so you should know.

think about something that breaks off when you try to remove it.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Ha, everything :lol:

Aahhhh, got it, its to do with the roof isnt it?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yep, you got it ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

got the sump washed. Working on the manifold atm.
IMG_2442_zpsup4zleyp.jpg
IMG_2443_zpssknmpwqk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Those look like the clips for the roof lining.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

its actually a replacement for the roof lining plastic trim that goes across the back window. you grind down all the broken clips and glue these on. They are exactly the same as the clips they replace. Even have a cutout to locate on the little risers next to the clips giving perfect alignment. This guy put a lot of thought in to the design.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vn-Vp-Vr-Vs- ... 2357822472
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Yep, that's what I thought, broken a few of those :(