High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by vlad01 »

So back to my question. Cheap small quantity PCB's?
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by Tazzi »

vlad01 wrote:And here I thought I was crazy :wtf:
Maybe all that electro theropy you've been doing helped?
vlad01 wrote:So back to my question. Cheap small quantity PCB's?
Quality and reasonable cheap... https://oshpark.com/
Comes in 3's so you can have 3times the fun.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by vlad01 »

I need 20ish boards so that looks like it might be pretty cost effective.

Thanks for that.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by vlad01 »

actually, I estimate 400 bucks for all the boards lol.
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by VL400 »

itead make cheap PCBs in larger quantity's, quality is actually pretty good too.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by Tazzi »

vlad01 wrote:actually, I estimate 400 bucks for all the boards lol.
How big are the boards!?!?!?!?!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by vlad01 »

i looked at the wrong pricing. would be more like 250 bucks.

each board needs to hold 100 X 1n5408 diodes and they are pretty big diodes. I estimate 12"2 area per each.

So 2000 diodes in total, maybe few spare boards on top.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by Gareth »

I wonder if i'll be able to see the mushroom cloud from my place... :think:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by HQ355 »

Biggvl wrote:I wonder if i'll be able to see the mushroom cloud from my place... :think:
You'll know after the power goes out over the whole state, may need an upgrade from a tinfoil hat to an armadillo hat ?
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)

Post by Jayme »

even better, a tinfoil lined armadillo hat.