Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Jayme »

thats becuase the magnetic flux polarity used to be in perfect alignment in your engine, and has now drifted out of alignment.... this used to be corrected by the brock polariser, but sorry to say you will never get that fuel economy again.... welcome to the economy figures everyone else is used to getting :D
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

LOl, I'd love to get 8.5/100, the missus VX averages 13.6/100 although the average speed is around the 33km/h due to all the stop/start stuff heading into town and back every day :(

A VX Calais with all the options isn't exactly light either.....
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Jayme wrote:thats becuase the magnetic flux polarity used to be in perfect alignment in your engine, and has now drifted out of alignment.... this used to be corrected by the brock polariser, but sorry to say you will never get that fuel economy again.... welcome to the economy figures everyone else is used to getting :D

I get those good economy figures on the other 2 cars.

VP S being the best and totally bog stock car. Averaged 7.6L and I drove it pretty hard lol. but 73k engine is what makes it so good.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Saw this very clean VR at the bendigo wreckers.
IMG_2497_zpstwljzobv.jpg
only 80k on the clock.
IMG_2496_zpsgtojho5t.jpg
They have a very good wrecker up there full of commodores, about 60% of the cars there are. Was up there trying to find a number plate light lens for my brother's VR ute. Rang just about all the holden wreckers in Melboune, tried a few locals, and Hartcourt and Castlemaine wreckers, nope nothing.

At the bendigo one I found this VG ute and it had one lens any good. Rare as all hell these lens and big headache for the roadworthy.

Only one VP there though, heaps of VR, VN, Lexans, and all the usual models, about 4 VQ-VS statesman, geez those are fugly as hell. Also there was a scrap engine pile, 95% being alloytecs :lol:


Picked these up too. Very happy!
IMG_2501_zpstxsc9ct3.jpg
IMG_2502_zpseyidg7l8.jpg
My leftover new carpet with the original heel mat sew in and the cheap nasty is going to the bin.
IMG_2496_zpsgtojho5t.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by yoda69 »

Is it a self serve wrecker in Bendigo or do they let you have a look around then come and get it out for you?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

more or less self serve but they would get things like driveline and engines out etc.. They have a full workshop there. Lots of cars, probably 60 cars.
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by yoda69 »

Which wrecker is it?
I'm up in Bendigo early next week, might try to have a quick look while I'm there if I can get some spare time.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

So here we have the last few logs, with some nice hot restarts and its a lot better than before. Still leans out a bit but nowhere near as much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

That's looking a lot better than a week ago good work. Few VE and AE tweaks should see it spot on. Maybe try some manual VE adjustments might be a bit quicker than VE learn.