Vlad's rides thread
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
thats becuase the magnetic flux polarity used to be in perfect alignment in your engine, and has now drifted out of alignment.... this used to be corrected by the brock polariser, but sorry to say you will never get that fuel economy again.... welcome to the economy figures everyone else is used to getting 
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
LOl, I'd love to get 8.5/100, the missus VX averages 13.6/100 although the average speed is around the 33km/h due to all the stop/start stuff heading into town and back every day 
A VX Calais with all the options isn't exactly light either.....
A VX Calais with all the options isn't exactly light either.....
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Jayme wrote:thats becuase the magnetic flux polarity used to be in perfect alignment in your engine, and has now drifted out of alignment.... this used to be corrected by the brock polariser, but sorry to say you will never get that fuel economy again.... welcome to the economy figures everyone else is used to getting
I get those good economy figures on the other 2 cars.
VP S being the best and totally bog stock car. Averaged 7.6L and I drove it pretty hard lol. but 73k engine is what makes it so good.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Saw this very clean VR at the bendigo wreckers.
only 80k on the clock.
They have a very good wrecker up there full of commodores, about 60% of the cars there are. Was up there trying to find a number plate light lens for my brother's VR ute. Rang just about all the holden wreckers in Melboune, tried a few locals, and Hartcourt and Castlemaine wreckers, nope nothing.
At the bendigo one I found this VG ute and it had one lens any good. Rare as all hell these lens and big headache for the roadworthy.
Only one VP there though, heaps of VR, VN, Lexans, and all the usual models, about 4 VQ-VS statesman, geez those are fugly as hell. Also there was a scrap engine pile, 95% being alloytecs
Picked these up too. Very happy!
My leftover new carpet with the original heel mat sew in and the cheap nasty is going to the bin.
only 80k on the clock.
They have a very good wrecker up there full of commodores, about 60% of the cars there are. Was up there trying to find a number plate light lens for my brother's VR ute. Rang just about all the holden wreckers in Melboune, tried a few locals, and Hartcourt and Castlemaine wreckers, nope nothing.
At the bendigo one I found this VG ute and it had one lens any good. Rare as all hell these lens and big headache for the roadworthy.
Only one VP there though, heaps of VR, VN, Lexans, and all the usual models, about 4 VQ-VS statesman, geez those are fugly as hell. Also there was a scrap engine pile, 95% being alloytecs
Picked these up too. Very happy!
My leftover new carpet with the original heel mat sew in and the cheap nasty is going to the bin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Is it a self serve wrecker in Bendigo or do they let you have a look around then come and get it out for you?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
more or less self serve but they would get things like driveline and engines out etc.. They have a full workshop there. Lots of cars, probably 60 cars.
-
yoda69
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
- cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual - Location: Geelong, VIC
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Which wrecker is it?
I'm up in Bendigo early next week, might try to have a quick look while I'm there if I can get some spare time.
I'm up in Bendigo early next week, might try to have a quick look while I'm there if I can get some spare time.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
So here we have the last few logs, with some nice hot restarts and its a lot better than before. Still leans out a bit but nowhere near as much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
That's looking a lot better than a week ago good work. Few VE and AE tweaks should see it spot on. Maybe try some manual VE adjustments might be a bit quicker than VE learn.