Those plugs look good. From memory the fuel regs should be 38 at idle and 45 at full load?
We played with a adjustable one one day and 5psi made very little difference to actual afr.
Guess best bet is to got your RT ecu in and check some readings even without the wideband in.
Check sensore readings etc.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Biggvl wrote:The new lifters will compress, the little spring and tight new lifter clearances usually make them hard to compress, try harder...
I like those inlet gaskets![]()
MAP sensor issue or vac hose/leaks?
Checked all those, all hoses are like new and perfect. there is no error codes either.
I am thinking dead O2 as well.
I did try hard and starting to mark the cups on them so I think they much be stuck or full of oil. The box they came in was drenched in oil and even soaked the packaging the other stuff came in.
Last edited by vlad01 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Dylan wrote:Those plugs look good. From memory the fuel regs should be 38 at idle and 45 at full load?
We played with a adjustable one one day and 5psi made very little difference to actual afr.
Guess best bet is to got your RT ecu in and check some readings even without the wideband in.
Check sensore readings etc.
50psi is 3.5 bar. so thats a fare amount of fuel extra.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
What about the last question...
You building something i don't know about?
You building something i don't know about?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
which question?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Why did you buy ecotec gaskets?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
because the VP S has been planed for a serious ecotec. Been planing for years actually. I have lots of ecotec stuff already but its not anytime soon. After this car is done.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Other than paint issues and the engine you are building, what are you actually doing to this one?
At the rate you are going it will be done by the weekend
At the rate you are going it will be done by the weekend
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
He'l have the VP S done the weekend after, it's a long weekend 
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Maybe burn a srock 12P with closed loop see if there's any improvement counts out the O2 at least.
Or even a stock VP with closed loop temp maxed out if you only have 16k chips around.
Or even a stock VP with closed loop temp maxed out if you only have 16k chips around.