Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Those plugs look good. From memory the fuel regs should be 38 at idle and 45 at full load?
We played with a adjustable one one day and 5psi made very little difference to actual afr.

Guess best bet is to got your RT ecu in and check some readings even without the wideband in.
Check sensore readings etc.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:The new lifters will compress, the little spring and tight new lifter clearances usually make them hard to compress, try harder...

I like those inlet gaskets :thumbup:

MAP sensor issue or vac hose/leaks?

Checked all those, all hoses are like new and perfect. there is no error codes either.

I am thinking dead O2 as well.

I did try hard and starting to mark the cups on them so I think they much be stuck or full of oil. The box they came in was drenched in oil and even soaked the packaging the other stuff came in.
Last edited by vlad01 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Those plugs look good. From memory the fuel regs should be 38 at idle and 45 at full load?
We played with a adjustable one one day and 5psi made very little difference to actual afr.

Guess best bet is to got your RT ecu in and check some readings even without the wideband in.
Check sensore readings etc.

50psi is 3.5 bar. so thats a fare amount of fuel extra.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

What about the last question...

You building something i don't know about? :think:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

which question?
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Why did you buy ecotec gaskets?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

because the VP S has been planed for a serious ecotec. Been planing for years actually. I have lots of ecotec stuff already but its not anytime soon. After this car is done.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Other than paint issues and the engine you are building, what are you actually doing to this one?

At the rate you are going it will be done by the weekend :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

He'l have the VP S done the weekend after, it's a long weekend :)
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Maybe burn a srock 12P with closed loop see if there's any improvement counts out the O2 at least.
Or even a stock VP with closed loop temp maxed out if you only have 16k chips around.