Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

Why not ;)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

got too many lol.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

Bullshit, too many is not a word hehe!
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

Holden202T wrote:Bullshit, too many is not a word hehe!
I second that!!!

Come on, you said you where keen on autocross :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Biggvl wrote:
Holden202T wrote:Bullshit, too many is not a word hehe!
I second that!!!

Come on, you said you where keen on autocross :D
I'l third it
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Got the car back, nope its fucked. Hit the k frame and the whole chassis is bent.

Anyway here it is in all its glory.
IMG_2529_zpsrrg2ou4l.jpg
IMG_2530_zpso47cgo33.jpg
Still drives but not very good as the front wheel is just jammed up and flopping around. Sheered the tie rod end off and the k frame is crushed back making the wheel about 200mm further back.
IMG_2533_zpsogsar35z.jpg
Most of the electrics are dead, must be some torn wires in that inner guard. So I bypassed the ATM and shorted some relays and away it went lol.
Just added some cables to an external battery just to kick it over and let it run under its own alternator power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydBOg26Udb8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Started to strip the car.


Got the wheel off with much fighting and banging. Pretty beat up in there.
IMG_2537_zpsxff19uhe.jpg
IMG_2538_zpssif1uous.jpg
IMG_2539_zpsrxb7pnyo.jpg
IMG_2540_zpsgwtfem3m.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

spenty of good spare parts in that wreck!

I can see why your battery is no longer! lol!
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Lucky there was no fire with the way that battery was squished.

Job well done.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I'm spewing. That battery was unkillable until now. had it 7 years.

Power was lost within 10 or 15 sec to nothing. Was steaming a bit but stopped after few min.

I found I sheered 2 wires in the loom, fuel pump oil pressure bypass and oil light. Thats why my fuel pump fuse went.

lol, that aint right!
IMG_2541_zpskitxwzaz.jpg

Not a whole heap of good bits on wreck but some that I will take.

gearbox, tail shaft, pedals, front door trims, brake calipers, pacemakers, boot carpet trims, boot lid, cruise control wiring,the new tail lights and NOS globe holders, some little bits of interior plastics. The rest is puss! lol

Will take the engine for analysis of my abuse and finally see what that horrific screech is on start up thats been there from day dot. I suspect oil pump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.