Prototype Buick V6?

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Prototype Buick V6?

Post by Gareth »

Saw this at the Horsham trade school today, check out the oil filter location...Image
Image
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by immortality »

Looks like a US spec unit.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by Holden202T »

that would work heaps better for an old holden conversion!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by vlad01 »

Looks like an LN3 out of an F-body camaro or something along those lines.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by pman92 »

TAFE in Bendigo has a Holden red inline 6, with 201 cast on the side of the block instead of 202.
Apparently an industrial engine or used in forklifts or something. I've never heard of any others.

Not sure what the 1 cubic inch difference is either.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by vlad01 »

A lot of car makers made industrial versions of common engines.

VW did a lot based on the bug engine. Mostly generator and air compressor engines for military and industrial applications.

I know toyota and bitsaremissing made forklift engines.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by Jayme »

I have a mate with what is almost the same engine as found in a sigma in his forklift.. we are starting to talk delco plans as the carby is rotting away :thumbup:
Chuff
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Prototype Buick V6?

Post by Chuff »

Jayme wrote:I have a mate with what is almost the same engine as found in a sigma in his forklift.. we are starting to talk delco plans as the carby is rotting away :thumbup:

808 + 12P + 3 Bar Tune in a forklift.

I'd like to see that. :punk:
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs