For non EFI mechanical discussion
Gareth
Posts: 2678 Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Post
by Gareth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:46 am
Saw this at the Horsham trade school today, check out the oil filter location...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
Posts: 3820 Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Post
by immortality » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 am
Looks like a US spec unit.
Holden202T
Posts: 10435 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW
Post
by Holden202T » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:02 am
that would work heaps better for an old holden conversion!
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 am
Looks like an LN3 out of an F-body camaro or something along those lines.
pman92
Posts: 667 Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Post
by pman92 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 am
TAFE in Bendigo has a Holden red inline 6, with 201 cast on the side of the block instead of 202.
Apparently an industrial engine or used in forklifts or something. I've never heard of any others.
Not sure what the 1 cubic inch difference is either.
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:45 pm
A lot of car makers made industrial versions of common engines.
VW did a lot based on the bug engine. Mostly generator and air compressor engines for military and industrial applications.
I know toyota and bitsaremissing made forklift engines.
Jayme
Posts: 2585 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW
Post
by Jayme » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:46 pm
I have a mate with what is almost the same engine as found in a sigma in his forklift.. we are starting to talk delco plans as the carby is rotting away
Chuff
Posts: 269 Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne
Post
by Chuff » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm
Jayme wrote: I have a mate with what is almost the same engine as found in a sigma in his forklift.. we are starting to talk delco plans as the carby is rotting away
808 + 12P + 3 Bar Tune in a forklift.
I'd like to see that.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs