Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
wlel it is a berlina and still has a lot of sound deadening in it, but yeah going off what you said above for the VR its not that surprising.... and hes probably 80kg or so, so your looking at 1160kg without driver.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
not really, my tools of choice. angle grinder, steel cable and my brother's ute made quick work. It was quite fun actually.psyolent wrote:that must have been hard to do dude.
any chance you want to part with that cruise control module?
I might have some modules in pieces. The one in this car had become dodgy in the last few moths getting stuck on coming over hills. The shaft is probably missing teeth inside it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:how is the VR driveline heavier than the VN/P ?
its interesting to see though, my brothers VS Sedan stripped of all interior and only race fuel tank and such, and with 202 and trimatic, plus nos bottle, it 1240kg with him in it!!
No my VR's driveline is lighter than the auto VP yet the VR still ends up heavier overall.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
VR been manual?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah its manual.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
ah OK. should have drilled some key points in the crushed area, hitched it up to a 4-by and tried to pull it out (because you can - redneckz stylez porta packz)
tools of choice. angle grinder, steel cable and my brother's ute made quick work. It was quite fun actually.![]()
I might have some modules in pieces. The one in this car had become dodgy in the last few moths getting stuck on coming over hills. The shaft is probably missing teeth inside it.
...........shame about the CC module, am on the hunt for one. pinch-a-part has a few and they seem to be getting light on the ground now.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah your not wrong, I have one from a vn/vp and a VX and they all have some sort of issue!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
k............my VX and the wifes VX - both CC modules are great - work awesome.
seem to be about as rare as VN V6 Calais L3 clusters
seem to be about as rare as VN V6 Calais L3 clusters
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I have heaps of the cruise control holdens, all been perfect. My vacationer one is the first one I have had start to bugger up. worked perfect 99% of the time, rare occasion got stuck on in recent months.
Done extremely well considering the unit has over 400k of use.
I have some working ones Greg if you want, they are just opened up. I did that so I could pick the cleanest parts of all of them and paint up one for the VP.
I also bought a 100 pack of M3.5 screws just for the covers
Done extremely well considering the unit has over 400k of use.
I have some working ones Greg if you want, they are just opened up. I did that so I could pick the cleanest parts of all of them and paint up one for the VP.
I also bought a 100 pack of M3.5 screws just for the covers
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
vlad, yeah i'll grab one if thats OK dude. can come for a drive.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.