Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

wlel it is a berlina and still has a lot of sound deadening in it, but yeah going off what you said above for the VR its not that surprising.... and hes probably 80kg or so, so your looking at 1160kg without driver.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:that must have been hard to do dude.
any chance you want to part with that cruise control module?
not really, my tools of choice. angle grinder, steel cable and my brother's ute made quick work. It was quite fun actually. :thumbup:


I might have some modules in pieces. The one in this car had become dodgy in the last few moths getting stuck on coming over hills. The shaft is probably missing teeth inside it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:how is the VR driveline heavier than the VN/P ?

its interesting to see though, my brothers VS Sedan stripped of all interior and only race fuel tank and such, and with 202 and trimatic, plus nos bottle, it 1240kg with him in it!!

No my VR's driveline is lighter than the auto VP yet the VR still ends up heavier overall.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

VR been manual?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yeah its manual.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »


tools of choice. angle grinder, steel cable and my brother's ute made quick work. It was quite fun actually. :thumbup:
I might have some modules in pieces. The one in this car had become dodgy in the last few moths getting stuck on coming over hills. The shaft is probably missing teeth inside it.
ah OK. should have drilled some key points in the crushed area, hitched it up to a 4-by and tried to pull it out (because you can - redneckz stylez porta packz)
...........shame about the CC module, am on the hunt for one. pinch-a-part has a few and they seem to be getting light on the ground now.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

yeah your not wrong, I have one from a vn/vp and a VX and they all have some sort of issue!
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

k............my VX and the wifes VX - both CC modules are great - work awesome.
seem to be about as rare as VN V6 Calais L3 clusters :|
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I have heaps of the cruise control holdens, all been perfect. My vacationer one is the first one I have had start to bugger up. worked perfect 99% of the time, rare occasion got stuck on in recent months.

Done extremely well considering the unit has over 400k of use.

I have some working ones Greg if you want, they are just opened up. I did that so I could pick the cleanest parts of all of them and paint up one for the VP.

I also bought a 100 pack of M3.5 screws just for the covers :lol:
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

vlad, yeah i'll grab one if thats OK dude. can come for a drive.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.