Vlad's rides thread
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
which flywheel bolts are you using?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Genuine holden
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
cable was fine and real smooth. the clutch never had much clamping force to begin with. It was a light as a corolla one.Biggvl wrote:Wow, thats toast...
Doesnt look like the oil got to the friction material, shitty cable? Just because your foot is off the pedal doesnt mean your clutch has fully engaged, happens with a worn cable. Heat from one slip usually ruins the clamping rate of the clutch...
Bring the flywheel with you next time and ill grind it up for you.
Once it slipped once it kept doing it all the time.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah I've found the same, and also if you get the hot spots on the pressure plate or the flywheel that's usually a good sign theres un-even wear and so that all added to not as good clamping area....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
had another look. its cooked alright. the friction material falls apart when picked at with your nail. Its tuned into charcoal lol.
The VR one is quite heavy and grabs so well that gear changes leave marks on the road.
The VR one is quite heavy and grabs so well that gear changes leave marks on the road.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
took most of the old engine apart.
still is very good shape considering the stupid amount of abuse this got.
The only obvious damage/wear I could find so far is the typical cam lobe pitting, mainly on the last back lobes as they always seem to do.
And the scuffing on both skirt sides of the bores from when I over heated and seized it.
Still can't find what that horrible screech sound on start up was. Timing chain and damper were ok for the ks done and the oil pump and housing had stuff all wear for the ks.
The sound always came from that timing cover area towards the bottom.
still is very good shape considering the stupid amount of abuse this got.
The only obvious damage/wear I could find so far is the typical cam lobe pitting, mainly on the last back lobes as they always seem to do.
And the scuffing on both skirt sides of the bores from when I over heated and seized it.
Still can't find what that horrible screech sound on start up was. Timing chain and damper were ok for the ks done and the oil pump and housing had stuff all wear for the ks.
The sound always came from that timing cover area towards the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ejukated
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
are you able to accurately weigh the flywheel and post a pic of the back of it? I have one in my VS that was rebalanced to suit an Ecotec and noticed a vibration around 5200rpm..
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
It's got another 300,000 left in it, just run in ! Time to boost it. !
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I don't have any accurate scales down to those small weight ranges.ejukated wrote:are you able to accurately weigh the flywheel and post a pic of the back of it? I have one in my VS that was rebalanced to suit an Ecotec and noticed a vibration around 5200rpm..
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
for something you've given a bit of shit to mate, that looks good inside. regular oil changes will do that aye 
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.