Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

which flywheel bolts are you using?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Genuine holden
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Wow, thats toast...

Doesnt look like the oil got to the friction material, shitty cable? Just because your foot is off the pedal doesnt mean your clutch has fully engaged, happens with a worn cable. Heat from one slip usually ruins the clamping rate of the clutch...

Bring the flywheel with you next time and ill grind it up for you.
cable was fine and real smooth. the clutch never had much clamping force to begin with. It was a light as a corolla one.

Once it slipped once it kept doing it all the time.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I've found the same, and also if you get the hot spots on the pressure plate or the flywheel that's usually a good sign theres un-even wear and so that all added to not as good clamping area....
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

had another look. its cooked alright. the friction material falls apart when picked at with your nail. Its tuned into charcoal lol.

The VR one is quite heavy and grabs so well that gear changes leave marks on the road.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

took most of the old engine apart.

still is very good shape considering the stupid amount of abuse this got.

The only obvious damage/wear I could find so far is the typical cam lobe pitting, mainly on the last back lobes as they always seem to do.

And the scuffing on both skirt sides of the bores from when I over heated and seized it.

Still can't find what that horrible screech sound on start up was. Timing chain and damper were ok for the ks done and the oil pump and housing had stuff all wear for the ks.

The sound always came from that timing cover area towards the bottom.

IMG_2581_zps4td9tc18.jpg
IMG_2585_zpsddnkqtdy.jpg
IMG_2588_zpswt2qysci.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

are you able to accurately weigh the flywheel and post a pic of the back of it? I have one in my VS that was rebalanced to suit an Ecotec and noticed a vibration around 5200rpm..
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

It's got another 300,000 left in it, just run in ! Time to boost it. !
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

ejukated wrote:are you able to accurately weigh the flywheel and post a pic of the back of it? I have one in my VS that was rebalanced to suit an Ecotec and noticed a vibration around 5200rpm..
I don't have any accurate scales down to those small weight ranges.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

for something you've given a bit of shit to mate, that looks good inside. regular oil changes will do that aye :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.