or just throw it all out and put a t5 in lol.
Anyway, spoke to trans gears and diff in Thomastown and they quote for a complete rebuild on a t5 1k$
and for the diff around 500 for the labour plus tructac and gear set on top.
Everything they rebuild gets acid bathed and stripped to bare metal. I hear these guys do a top job.
Vlad's rides thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
did they give you a price on the truetrac ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
its listed on their site, about 1100 and the gear set it about 550Holden202T wrote:did they give you a price on the truetrac ?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I can tell you a couple of horror stories about him, let's just say after 4 9 inch centers in one car (all supposedly brand new) and even different ratios that it's no better than the 1st one, Hans in Melton is the best, he's not the cheapest but if one of my mates can't kill one of his diffs then that's good enough for me !
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yep, no dramas with these guys, buy from them often...vlad01 wrote:or just throw it all out and put a t5 in lol.
Anyway, spoke to trans gears and diff in Thomastown and they quote for a complete rebuild on a t5 1k$
and for the diff around 500 for the labour plus tructac and gear set on top.
Everything they rebuild gets acid bathed and stripped to bare metal. I hear these guys do a top job.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Thats good to hear.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
+1 for Hans from Melton.
He's worked on my diffs in the past and I've never had a single problem with them.
He's worked on my diffs in the past and I've never had a single problem with them.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Engine pron time!
thinner oil pump cover. its about 1mm thinner than stock With the double row, the gear that is used as the cam trust face gets deleted as its built into the sprocket. Dialing in the cam. Card says .040" at TDC on overlap. So far I got 30 thou at 2+ and about 35 thou at 4+ so might try 6+ and see what that lands me on.
at about 0.9mm or about 35 thou at 4+ timing. Very close.
thinner oil pump cover. its about 1mm thinner than stock With the double row, the gear that is used as the cam trust face gets deleted as its built into the sprocket. Dialing in the cam. Card says .040" at TDC on overlap. So far I got 30 thou at 2+ and about 35 thou at 4+ so might try 6+ and see what that lands me on.
at about 0.9mm or about 35 thou at 4+ timing. Very close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Did an engine sim back and forth 2º and it makes bugger all difference but certainly does beyond 4º.
So at 4+ the cam is about 1º retarded to my specs so that should be fine.
Probably should double check the timing with another method to be sure though.
So at 4+ the cam is about 1º retarded to my specs so that should be fine.
Probably should double check the timing with another method to be sure though.