Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

or just throw it all out and put a t5 in lol.


Anyway, spoke to trans gears and diff in Thomastown and they quote for a complete rebuild on a t5 1k$

and for the diff around 500 for the labour plus tructac and gear set on top.

Everything they rebuild gets acid bathed and stripped to bare metal. I hear these guys do a top job.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

did they give you a price on the truetrac ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:did they give you a price on the truetrac ?
its listed on their site, about 1100 and the gear set it about 550
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Mates of mine swear by this bloke. Price and quality.

http://chrissdifferentials.com.au/
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

I can tell you a couple of horror stories about him, let's just say after 4 9 inch centers in one car (all supposedly brand new) and even different ratios that it's no better than the 1st one, Hans in Melton is the best, he's not the cheapest but if one of my mates can't kill one of his diffs then that's good enough for me !
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

vlad01 wrote:or just throw it all out and put a t5 in lol.


Anyway, spoke to trans gears and diff in Thomastown and they quote for a complete rebuild on a t5 1k$

and for the diff around 500 for the labour plus tructac and gear set on top.

Everything they rebuild gets acid bathed and stripped to bare metal. I hear these guys do a top job.
Yep, no dramas with these guys, buy from them often...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Thats good to hear.
Chuff
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Chuff »

+1 for Hans from Melton.

He's worked on my diffs in the past and I've never had a single problem with them.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Engine pron time! :lol:

IMG_2615_zpseffulugd.jpg
thinner oil pump cover. its about 1mm thinner than stock
IMG_2616_zps9tvwqdht.jpg
With the double row, the gear that is used as the cam trust face gets deleted as its built into the sprocket.
IMG_2617_zpshys7xlfm.jpg
Dialing in the cam. Card says .040" at TDC on overlap. So far I got 30 thou at 2+ and about 35 thou at 4+ so might try 6+ and see what that lands me on.
IMG_2618_zps6in23ta7.jpg

at about 0.9mm or about 35 thou at 4+ timing. Very close.
IMG_2619_zps896onppy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Did an engine sim back and forth 2º and it makes bugger all difference but certainly does beyond 4º.

So at 4+ the cam is about 1º retarded to my specs so that should be fine.

Probably should double check the timing with another method to be sure though.