Greg was over raiding some bits out of the vacationer for the VN.
we had a long chat about all kinds of crap, even about Chog lol.
Anyway, I did some more.
So I used a heat gun to heat up the heads to about 80º and let them cool for few hours before re-torquing the bolts for the final time.
I just blocked the water pump inlets and forced hot air through the water ports in the head. alternating back and forth until it was uniformly heated to what would be operating temps.
Worked a treat
All the heads got a final torque down after heat cycling the heads. The bolts loosened up slightly after the heat cycle. again only placing the stuff until I can finish the pushrods and stuff. looks like an engine
Also torqued up the cam bolt using the torque + angle method. So much better than a single torque in the workshop manual. it was much more stable doing that way.
specs were 74ft-lb +90º
