Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

I believe the thin(er) push rods are for later model ecotec engines fitted with high ratio rockers that suffer from the casting flashes in the push rod holes that foul on the standard size push rods. Although they are of a smaller diameter they have a thicker wall so should be much stronger and flex less than the standard push rods. The moly push rods would be lighter obviously and like Biggvl a must when your watching your pounds....
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

:lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vs ss »

I the USA they are only about $5 usd but i don't know what postage would cost.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

doesn't come up as available in the US, only the Buick ones do so I assume they are obsolete over there.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vs ss »

There is this http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-sh ... 06440.html and it shows the part number changed again to 24508586.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Doesn't come up on the other sites so might not be up to date with stock.

Im thinking it very unlikely you can get them. I found that to be the case with parts that only came up on one site instead of all of them.

Its only if I happen to do an order, Ill get one at the same time. things like this are very useful to stash away.
vs ss
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1
Location: perth wa

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vs ss »

Yes true,
No worries.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

wonder where you can get custom length rods to your specs? looking at what you can buy they go in 0.05" steps. Considering my preload needs to be 2.09mm and the full range of the lifters are just shy of 4mm. 0.050" steps are pretty huge.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Fairly certain crow cams do, as for what material they do them in or quality I have no idea as I've never used any of there products. U could ask Clive who did your cam, surely he'd have to know ?