Vlad's rides thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I believe the thin(er) push rods are for later model ecotec engines fitted with high ratio rockers that suffer from the casting flashes in the push rod holes that foul on the standard size push rods. Although they are of a smaller diameter they have a thicker wall so should be much stronger and flex less than the standard push rods. The moly push rods would be lighter obviously and like Biggvl a must when your watching your pounds....
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I the USA they are only about $5 usd but i don't know what postage would cost.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
doesn't come up as available in the US, only the Buick ones do so I assume they are obsolete over there.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Vlad's rides thread
There is this http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-sh ... 06440.html and it shows the part number changed again to 24508586.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Doesn't come up on the other sites so might not be up to date with stock.
Im thinking it very unlikely you can get them. I found that to be the case with parts that only came up on one site instead of all of them.
Its only if I happen to do an order, Ill get one at the same time. things like this are very useful to stash away.
Im thinking it very unlikely you can get them. I found that to be the case with parts that only came up on one site instead of all of them.
Its only if I happen to do an order, Ill get one at the same time. things like this are very useful to stash away.
-
vs ss
- Posts: 590
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 am
- cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1 - Location: perth wa
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Yes true,
No worries.
No worries.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
wonder where you can get custom length rods to your specs? looking at what you can buy they go in 0.05" steps. Considering my preload needs to be 2.09mm and the full range of the lifters are just shy of 4mm. 0.050" steps are pretty huge.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Fairly certain crow cams do, as for what material they do them in or quality I have no idea as I've never used any of there products. U could ask Clive who did your cam, surely he'd have to know ?