Wanted

For non EFI mechanical discussion
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Wanted

Post by HQ355 »

Does anyone have any VT holden V8 pushrods to suit the roller cam laying around they can spare ? Cheers
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Wanted

Post by vlad01 »

Why? did you bend some?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Wanted

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah, long story short I need 2 ( straight )
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Wanted

Post by vlad01 »

is this on the HQ ?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Wanted

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah, might bump into u at crow cams tomorow lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Wanted

Post by vlad01 »

lol, probably not. my adjustable rods been at the post office for 2 days but couldn't get them coz of work. So will only be making the measurements tomorrow and call into them on Monday or even do it over the phone.


How did you bend them, miss-shifted?
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Wanted

Post by HQ355 »

Stripped thread on roller rocker, adjusted rockers last night to make sure all ship shape for dyno day and couldn't get lock but done up. Took it in to work today and heli-coiled it and was putting it back together in the dark tonight and it must not have seated properly or somthing and I cranked it over just one time to get tdc on #1 and that's when they bent ! Wish it was from an 8500 shift but unfortunately motor wasn't even running FFS ! I shouldn't have touched it lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Wanted

Post by vlad01 »

lol, shit happens
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Wanted

Post by HQ355 »

That's what u get for doing things in the dark and in a rush, wanted to fire it up befor the kids were asleep otherwise I'd never get my young bloke back to sleep if he thinks I'm taking the car out without him
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Wanted

Post by Dylan »

A mate has a bucket full of holden V8 push rods. And I know there's some VT one's in it.
Give me the measurements and we can dig them out.