Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah that's about the same torque as ARP crank shaft bolts we got, didn't seem tight enough but time will tell!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
What I was trying to get at is the specs based on lube and bolt size/grade seems too loose. Calculated at something like 16 lb. I just went by the 23 lb states by ZZP and Mace despite using a quality lube from arp. Going by charts and logic tells me thats way over tight but it felt spot on how the bolts nicely pulled up right when it clicked off on the set 23-24 ft-lb.
I think it should be good. Always a grey area with non standard fasteners and feel often is the way to tell it you're in the ball park.
In other news. K-Mac have supplied all the missing hardware and converted my tops to stage 2. So they are on the way now. Was only $96
seems too cheap. But 
I think it should be good. Always a grey area with non standard fasteners and feel often is the way to tell it you're in the ball park.
In other news. K-Mac have supplied all the missing hardware and converted my tops to stage 2. So they are on the way now. Was only $96
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
yeah I agree, I guess its one of those things, depends how it gets pressure applied to it, for example, the adjustable rockers I have on my 202 you can get them with pinch nuts, and the pressure on the pinch nuts is enough to hold the rocker from coming loose, I have no idea what that equates to in torque applied to the stud though, but they are almost one use type of things too.
when I got the arp bolts for my brothers flex plate, there is nothing we could find that is buick v6 flex plate bolts, so we just got the right spec bolts and arp's website has a torque settings which is just determined by the size of the bolt but that said it was very similar to the original holden specs for the same bolt.
when I got the arp bolts for my brothers flex plate, there is nothing we could find that is buick v6 flex plate bolts, so we just got the right spec bolts and arp's website has a torque settings which is just determined by the size of the bolt but that said it was very similar to the original holden specs for the same bolt.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Another installment of Pr0n.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
are you gonna port match that manifold?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Biggvl wrote:are you gonna port match that manifold?
yes, hence why I machined it. its heaps better now and actually fits easy. Only need tiny bit of matching. Looking down the injector holes 3 out 4 walls match perfect already.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
don't forget it will move down more as its torqued down, and likely the centre valley seals will be holding it up slightly!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Holden202T wrote:don't forget it will move down more as its torqued down, and likely the centre valley seals will be holding it up slightly!
Those pics are with it torqued down. Seems pretty good to me. Port matching will be minimum by the looks of it.
No valley seals were on this test fit.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Some more progress.
Used a flappy wheel and finished them off with sandpaper. Only took off less than half a mm.
Much better now and wont cause any problems.
Other side.
Valve train all complete.
Covers on after giving the seal a coat of permatex aviation goo.
That was all for today and after closing the shed I saw the ISS go overhead and managed to resolve it on my shit iphone 3 camera LOL.
Used a flappy wheel and finished them off with sandpaper. Only took off less than half a mm.
Much better now and wont cause any problems.
Other side.
Valve train all complete.
Covers on after giving the seal a coat of permatex aviation goo.
That was all for today and after closing the shed I saw the ISS go overhead and managed to resolve it on my shit iphone 3 camera LOL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
That's pretty cool seeing the ISS.