Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

yeah that's about the same torque as ARP crank shaft bolts we got, didn't seem tight enough but time will tell!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

What I was trying to get at is the specs based on lube and bolt size/grade seems too loose. Calculated at something like 16 lb. I just went by the 23 lb states by ZZP and Mace despite using a quality lube from arp. Going by charts and logic tells me thats way over tight but it felt spot on how the bolts nicely pulled up right when it clicked off on the set 23-24 ft-lb.

I think it should be good. Always a grey area with non standard fasteners and feel often is the way to tell it you're in the ball park.


In other news. K-Mac have supplied all the missing hardware and converted my tops to stage 2. So they are on the way now. Was only $96 :hmm: seems too cheap. But :thumbup:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I agree, I guess its one of those things, depends how it gets pressure applied to it, for example, the adjustable rockers I have on my 202 you can get them with pinch nuts, and the pressure on the pinch nuts is enough to hold the rocker from coming loose, I have no idea what that equates to in torque applied to the stud though, but they are almost one use type of things too.

when I got the arp bolts for my brothers flex plate, there is nothing we could find that is buick v6 flex plate bolts, so we just got the right spec bolts and arp's website has a torque settings which is just determined by the size of the bolt but that said it was very similar to the original holden specs for the same bolt.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Another installment of Pr0n.

IMG_2651_zpsgul0ckez.jpg
IMG_2652_zpsbb7kzahv.jpg
IMG_2653_zpsgnfh9z3y.jpg
IMG_2654_zpsfw0xmpuj.jpg
IMG_2655_zpssdnlflyb.jpg
IMG_2658_zpsybififwy.jpg
IMG_2657_zpsf5epjblb.jpg
IMG_2656_zpslhzxjkcz.jpg
IMG_2659_zps4ynjctol.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

are you gonna port match that manifold?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:are you gonna port match that manifold?

yes, hence why I machined it. its heaps better now and actually fits easy. Only need tiny bit of matching. Looking down the injector holes 3 out 4 walls match perfect already. :thumbup:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

don't forget it will move down more as its torqued down, and likely the centre valley seals will be holding it up slightly!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:don't forget it will move down more as its torqued down, and likely the centre valley seals will be holding it up slightly!

Those pics are with it torqued down. Seems pretty good to me. Port matching will be minimum by the looks of it.

No valley seals were on this test fit.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Some more progress.

Used a flappy wheel and finished them off with sandpaper. Only took off less than half a mm.
IMG_2662_zpsbzis4gcf.jpg
Much better now and wont cause any problems.
IMG_2663_zpsdnbbewi5.jpg
Other side.
IMG_2664_zpszldrdndg.jpg
Valve train all complete.
IMG_2665_zpsb0cduycu.jpg
Covers on after giving the seal a coat of permatex aviation goo.
IMG_2667_zpsweoylkhi.jpg
That was all for today and after closing the shed I saw the ISS go overhead and managed to resolve it on my shit iphone 3 camera LOL.
IMG_2669_zpshklepawc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

That's pretty cool seeing the ISS.