Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

might give it another go with my iphone 5 on the next orbit, its camera is decades better.

Its pretty hard to miss as its so bright and moves at quite a pace.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Reckon you could give us all a heads up on that? Id love to see it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Gee it gets around over the USA already?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Gee it gets around over the USA already?
Yep, typical low earth orbit is only 90min.

27,000km/h is a pretty slow pace for space though.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

How many laps around earth in 24 hour's?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:How many laps around earth in 24 hour's?
16 at a rough calc.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

That's unreal
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

HSV stroker tune, injector settings blue tops, second stage cranking fuel and injector rate. I was surprised when I looked up the injector info on The1's memcal id tool it says that the stroker's ran a 3.3bar fuel reg.

VN Group A, injector settings cream tops, second stage cranking fuel (remembering it's a factory modified motor) and injector rate.
I was also surprised to read that VN Group A ran a 2.5bar fuel reg.

With BLUE tops on a 304 stroke (or 308 whatever mood you're in to call them) I run 0.13 injector rate and haven't run out of room even on heavily worked motors. But it does get you to 98%.

There's a formula to multiply the VE and divide the injector rate if you do run out of VE, Its on here somewhere I had VL400 quote it in a thread of mine once.

Top screen shot is the BAYA and it's the VN Group A tune. Second is the BMZN and it's the VS Stroker tune.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

There are some variations, like ive found with VS V6 some did actually come from the factory with 3.5bar reg, same tune settings. Others had 3.0bar.