Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

That would play with the fuel trims a bit. You've got to wonder what they were thinking?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

20cc/min, i guess BLM/Closed loop can deal with it. Though WOT would be out, but as they ran 12:1 it's Rich as anyway, There wasn't any fueling changes between tune revisions. No Deadtime or injector changes either. There's a few things ive noticed over the years like that.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Speaking of injectors. I will be needing a set from you soonish.

What do you recommend for 250hp V6? the 777 or ls1 injectors?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

depends on budget lol 777 wont be anygood, LS1 931 is the same as bluetops 775 just newer ev6 4 hole. i def wouldn't go any smaller, bigger the better. Heck im running 40LB Fomoco's in my VS V6 N/A atm testing various things.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Siemens Deka 60's are well priced.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

if you can get them cheap, havn't found them to much different in price to bosch most of the time and bosch are much better.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

that seems excessive given that we are only talking 50-70hp over stock with decent tune.

I'd imagine 24lb would be more than plenty.
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Jayme »

ive seen a mildly cammed ecotec who came to me asking what his tune was like, had stock injectors and the wideband readings were fine at WOT.... they were over 90% duty cycle tho, but it worked! I agree you will be fine with 24lb, bigger will give you more headroom for future mods tho I spose....
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

LS1 injector it is then. Though also talking 3 bar not 3.5 bar so not sure if I need bigger again or not?

Would go for L67 ones but they always are yellowed and look shit lol
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

agree with Jayme, if you plan to do more work later on then maybe bigger, but if how it is now is how its going to stay then you'll be right with the 24lb's ....

I've found with bigger injectors it gets harder to make them happy at idle if they are too big ... eg. a motor with methanol and boost needs BIIGG injectors, that's fine, but try and run that same injector with petrol and its really on the limit of how little the injector can flow at idle!