Vlad's rides thread
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
That would play with the fuel trims a bit. You've got to wonder what they were thinking?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
20cc/min, i guess BLM/Closed loop can deal with it. Though WOT would be out, but as they ran 12:1 it's Rich as anyway, There wasn't any fueling changes between tune revisions. No Deadtime or injector changes either. There's a few things ive noticed over the years like that.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Speaking of injectors. I will be needing a set from you soonish.
What do you recommend for 250hp V6? the 777 or ls1 injectors?
What do you recommend for 250hp V6? the 777 or ls1 injectors?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
depends on budget lol 777 wont be anygood, LS1 931 is the same as bluetops 775 just newer ev6 4 hole. i def wouldn't go any smaller, bigger the better. Heck im running 40LB Fomoco's in my VS V6 N/A atm testing various things.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Siemens Deka 60's are well priced.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Vlad's rides thread
if you can get them cheap, havn't found them to much different in price to bosch most of the time and bosch are much better.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
that seems excessive given that we are only talking 50-70hp over stock with decent tune.
I'd imagine 24lb would be more than plenty.
I'd imagine 24lb would be more than plenty.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
ive seen a mildly cammed ecotec who came to me asking what his tune was like, had stock injectors and the wideband readings were fine at WOT.... they were over 90% duty cycle tho, but it worked! I agree you will be fine with 24lb, bigger will give you more headroom for future mods tho I spose....
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
LS1 injector it is then. Though also talking 3 bar not 3.5 bar so not sure if I need bigger again or not?
Would go for L67 ones but they always are yellowed and look shit lol
Would go for L67 ones but they always are yellowed and look shit lol
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
agree with Jayme, if you plan to do more work later on then maybe bigger, but if how it is now is how its going to stay then you'll be right with the 24lb's ....
I've found with bigger injectors it gets harder to make them happy at idle if they are too big ... eg. a motor with methanol and boost needs BIIGG injectors, that's fine, but try and run that same injector with petrol and its really on the limit of how little the injector can flow at idle!
I've found with bigger injectors it gets harder to make them happy at idle if they are too big ... eg. a motor with methanol and boost needs BIIGG injectors, that's fine, but try and run that same injector with petrol and its really on the limit of how little the injector can flow at idle!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread